As the ID PI business grows our team and services in the delivery of infrastructure services, we are seeking a dynamic Project Manager with 3-5 years’ work experience from an engineering (preferably Civil Engineering) or architectural discipline with some experience in project management, design, construction supervision and/or international development. You will have responsibility for planning, implementing and overseeing projects from start through to completion. Reporting to a Project Director, this is a corporate role within Cardno and requires interaction with a range of internal and external stakeholders, most often managing several project aspects simultaneously. This role also includes assistance with the coordination of team resources, program requirements linked to scope of work and deliverables, financial management and reporting.
With a can-do attitude and a keen interest in working in this interesting field, you will be responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring development projects across the Asia Pacific. You will be supported by an experienced management team, program support personnel and work closely with the Project Director to develop effective communication strategies with partners and stakeholders.
This exciting and varied role will provide you with the career opportunities to manage technical deliverables, project reporting, financial budgeting and actively participate in business development and client relationship activities.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- To provide project management services for the ID PI Business in accordance with project scope, program and deliverables
- To assist the project team to meet the requirements of the brief and deliver to specified milestones and outcomes
- To manage and monitor budget and financial targets in order to ensure the commercial viability of projects
- To review, recommend and advise on general quality standards, technical content and reporting expectations
- To manage health, safety, security, environmental aspects of the project deliverables
- To support the Project Director to build strong client and partner relationships and to ensure stakeholder and community expectations are considered in project decisions
- To contribute to business development activities such as marketing and communication material as well as the identify potential project opportunities
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following key attributes:
- Proven ability to apply Project Management methodologies and principles in an infrastructure project (i.e. technical and/or engineering) environment
- Communicate effectively in verbal and written form with clients, staff and team members
- Willingness to take on a variety of tasks that may require personal time management, re-prioritisation and reallocation of task focus
- Reliable and trustworthy behaviour when dealing with confidential clients and staff matters
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills to allow for good working relationships within the team, business and with our clients
- Demonstrated experience managing and liaising with a range of key stakeholders
- A proactive approach and strong ability to solve problems by seeking different perspectives and alternative ways of doing things
- A high level of self-awareness, respect for others and commitment to team work
This is a fantastic opportunity to step forward into your next career role, with the potential of international travel, excellent mentoring and a competitive salary.
How to apply?
We welcome your interest in joining the Cardno team and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply. Kindly note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Apply by submitting your resume and covering letter addressing the key attributes above, by 5pm (AEST), Thursday, 15th August 2019.
Why join Cardno?
Cardno offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook.
At Cardno, we take care of the people that keep our business, clients and communities thriving. We offer benefits and initiatives to enhance your health and wellbeing, and to help you balance your career and personal life.
Learn more about what life is like at Cardno
Meet Senior Project Manager, Ryan Agnew, who shares his making a difference story at https://youtu.be/I4rsjoKbiCU
Cardno is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with expertise in the management, design and contract administration of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Our team includes leading professionals who plan, design, implement and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX: CDD) and is quality endorsed in accordance with AS / NZS ISO 9001. Our head office is in Australia, with offices for the Asia Pacific region located in Papua New Guinea, Indonesia and the Philippines.
Cardno is committed to Child Protection in all fields. Cardno is an equal opportunity employer. Any offer of employment will require criminal record clearance.
About the Organization
Cardno is a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno ID (International Development) manages a number of donor-funded programs in the Asia Pacific region. We engage in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Partnering with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact.