Pragma’s Project Manager provides backstopping support to Pragma’s donor-funded projects. Throughout the life of the project, s/he plays a critical role in ensuring the timely provision of technical experts to the field, which is essential to the success of the project. S/he spearheads talent acquisition (everything from resume sourcing and reference checks to contracting and fielding); provides compliance support and oversight to procurement activities and project operations, coordinates logistics and reporting as needed, and ensures adherence to Pragma’s scrupulous financial management systems and full compliance with relevant USAID rules and regulations as well as provisions of the contract. The Project Manager also actively participates in preparing bids and proposals, assists Pragma’s business development team with marketing and networking and other tasks as necessary.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure compliance with the benchmarks outlined in the contract.
- Maintain project records and ensuring that donor reporting requirements are met.
- Edit/finalize project reports and success stories as needed
- Draft approval requests and ensuring that required approvals are obtained and maintained on file.
- Draft Scopes of Work and job descriptions for specific activities/consultants and associated budgets.
- Provide guidance and interpretation on federal and other clients’ rules and regulations to project offices and leadership.
- Develop budgets for short-term activities.
- Correspond with field personnel on project needs and issues
- Liaise with subcontractors and partner organizations
- Personnel recruitment for on-going projects.
- Field consultants (includes work agreements, visa, travel arrangements, etc.)
- Work on pipelines and budgets.
- Recruitment of technical writers, consultants, and experts both for the writing of proposal as well as inclusion in the project team
- Conduct research and data gathering as necessary
- Work closely with Proposal Managers to prepare proposal compliance matrices
- Draft past performance, corporate capabilities, management, and personnel sections
- Draft teaming agreements and collecting required forms and write-ups from partner organizations
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- Graduate degree
- 3-5 years of relevant experience particularly managing donor-funded projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with USAID and relevant federal rules such as FAR, CFR, AIDAR etc.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
To apply, please send your updated resume/CV to email@example.com. Please include “Project Manager” on the email subject line.
About the Organization
The Pragma Corporation is an international development firm headquartered in the Washington DC area. With more than a quarter century of development experience worldwide, involving more than 600 projects, we provide expert technical and management consulting services to such donor organizations as the United States Agency for International Development, the Asian Development Bank and the World Bank. Our areas of specialization include Small and Medium Enterprise Development; Accounting Reform, Training, and Examination; Regulatory Reform and Business Environment Improvement; Agribusiness Development; Capital and Financial Market Development; WTO Accession; Customs Reform and Cross-Border Trade; and Regional Trade Promotion.