DAI Global Health is looking for Project Manager to work as part of their busy, vibrant head office team, helping to manage ongoing international development projects around the world. The position will be based at DAI Global Health’s UK office in Central London.
DAI is widely recognised for its commitment to international development, supported by extensive in-house technical and programme delivery expertise.
DAI Global Health delivers holistic, tech-enabled solutions, strengthening health systems and building global health security to save lives and improve well-being worldwide. With over 20 years of health experience, our global health team and regional partners lead with technical expertise and local knowledge to deliver data-driven and tech-enabled solutions which respond to issues across the spectrum of care – from strengthening health security such as emerging pandemic threats, to addressing critical health systems challenges such as workforce shortages. DAI is committed to developing effective, accessible and affordable health care for all.
Responding to the needs of our growing business we are recruiting a Project Manager for our Global Health team. The role will principally involve working closely with colleagues to support designated projects including managing start-up, monitoring implementation, liaising between head office and field teams, managing partners, reviewing deliverables and synthesising lessons learned.
You will be part of a team managing a portfolio of Global Health programmes across multiple donors and geographies. You will work closely with the rest of the team on building knowledge and networks and developing new business opportunities and innovative solutions across this rapidly evolving sector.
We would like to hear from you if you have an interest in global health, as evidenced by work experience or academic study, as well as strong administrative and good team-working skills along with an ability to meet tight deadlines and excellent written English.
The successful candidate will have:
- Degree in a relevant field e.g. Global Health, International Development, Gender, International Business.
- Evidence of experience in a development environment.
- Experience working with major European or International Donors.
- Evidence of project management experience – preferably with disparate or remote teams.
- Good understanding of programme management standards and systems and best practice.
- The ability to negotiate in contexts with complex, cross cultural, multi-lingual teams
- Demonstrate commitment to gender equality and social inclusion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (additional languages are an asset).
- Post-graduate degree in relevant field or equivalent
- Overseas working experience in a development environment.
- Good understanding of proposal development.
- Negotiation skills
S/he will also be:
- Commercially astute with demonstrable aptitude in client service and management
- Driven and motivated combined with the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally to deliver against programme and business targets thus achieving the goals of DAI Global Health.
- Flexible, versatile and tolerant in a changing work environment with the ability to work effectively under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Able and willing to travel internationally.
Salary offered will be commensurate with relevant experience. A generous benefits package includes company pension, private health scheme, cycle to work scheme and contribution to gym membership (after a qualifying period).
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom.
More detailed company information is available at www.dai.com . If this role sounds interesting and you would like to be part of DAI’s growing business, bidding for and managing programmes around the world, we look forward to hearing from you.
About the Organization
DAI is an international development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Belgium, and Nigeria, and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Named one of the world’s top 40 international development innovators, DAI has delivered transformational development results in more than 150 countries for clients including development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.