Project Manager / Africa Region, Arlington, VA
The Africa regional portfolio includes the USAID Senegal Monitoring & Evaluation Project (MEP Senegal). This project provides USAID/Senegal with performance measurement and management support activities, including, but not limited to, monitoring and evaluation design, program evaluation design and implementation, impact evaluation design and implementation, sectoral assessments, surveys, activity/project design, target setting, and statement of work (SOW) development for evaluation activities This contract seeks to improve performance management at all levels to help the Mission meet Agency requirements, make better informed strategic and management decisions, and advance Agency learning.
MSI is recruiting a Project Manager to support the management of all contractual, financial and logistical aspects of the project, providing critical support to ensure that program activities are done correctly and in a timely manner. S/he will report to the Senior Project Manager.
- Coordinate contractual and financial matters for the project, including managing subcontractors.
- Manage project finances, approval requirements, track incoming costs, project future expenditures and preparation of financial reports.
- Participate in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of short-term technical consultants for evaluations.
- Coordinate logistics for onboarding field project office employees and travel.
- Work closely with MSI project team including the Technical Director and Senior Project Manager on reviewing and editing of contract deliverables including but not limited to evaluation reports, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Track and ensure on-time client deliverable requirements.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the project team.
- Provide support in the review of field expense reports and backup documentation.
- Manage and organize project files, including coordinating with field office filing.
- Other backstopping tasks for a large overseas project, as required.
- Three years of relevant work experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree, with Master’s preferred.
- Working proficiency in French required.
- Familiarity with FAR and USAID regulations strongly preferred. Grants experience highly desirable.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills required.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel required.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.