The Africa portfolio includes the Mali Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Platform (PMEP) project, and the Mali Services de Sante a Grand Impact (SSGI) project. Mali PMEP is in its third year of a five-year project with the goal of providing technical support and training to USAID/Mali staff and implementing partners to meet the Mission’s management information needs, facilitate program management decisions, and shape long-term strategic direction decisions. One of the primary objectives of the project is building the capacity of Mission staff and select implementing partners to conduct high-quality performance monitoring and verification and data quality assessments. Due to increased security concerns, the platform also conducts Third Party Monitoring activities. Mali SSGI is a five-year project, held by prime contractor Save the Children, with the goal of assisting the Malian Ministry of Health by focusing on three critical health system components as the intersect at the community level. This includes health service delivery, social and behavioral change, and health system strengthening to reduce maternal, new born, and child mortality. This position’s portfolio may also include other projects in Africa, depending on needs.
MSI is recruiting a Project Manager to support the management of all contractual, financial and logistical aspects of the Mali PMEP and HIH projects and, depending on project needs, other projects in francophone Africa. The Project Manager will provide critical support to ensure that program activities are completed correctly and in a timely manner. S/he will report to the Senior Project Manager.
- Coordinate contractual and financial matters for the project, including managing subcontractors.
- Manage project finances, approval requirements, track incoming costs, outgoing activity costs, future expenditures and preparation of financial reports. This includes coordination with field finance staff.
- Participate in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of short-term technical consultants and long-term project staff.
- Assist with the selection and onboarding of project local grantees, as well as with tracking grantee implementation and compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
- Lead project team meetings in both English and French.
- Coordinate logistics for onboarding field project office employees and travel.
- Work closely with MSI project team, including the Technical Director and Senior Project Manager, on reviewing and editing contract deliverables including but not limited to quarterly and annual reports. Reports may be exclusively in French.
- Track and ensure on-time client deliverables.
- Provide administrative and logistical support, including translations, to the project team.
- Provide support in reviewing field expense reports and backup documentation.
- Manage and organize project files, including coordinating with field office filing.
- Other backstopping tasks as required.
- Three years of relevant work experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree, with Master’s preferred.
- Working proficiency in French required.
- Ability to travel to Mali for short periods (up to around one month) preferred.
- Familiarity with FAR and USAID regulations strongly preferred. Grants experience highly desirable.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills required.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.