EnCompass LLC is currently seeking a Project Manager for the Capacity Strengthening team. The Project Manager manages the assessment, planning, delivery, and evaluation of various capacity strengthening programs for U.S. government agencies, and private and public-sector organizations. The primary responsibility of the Project Manager is to ensure that EnCompass delivers the highest quality of work in response to client needs and contract deliverables, within budget and on time. The Project Manager effectively supports (and sometimes leads) diverse teams, facilitates sessions with clients, and manages work plans and budgets. This is a full-time position based at the EnCompass headquarters in Rockville, MD and will report to the Director of Capacity Strengthening.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions include:
- Plans and monitors project activities including:
- Establishing work plans and organizing project launch activities.
- Identifying, managing and supporting key consultants and partners.
- Ensuring a positive and productive relationship with all stakeholders.
- Providing direction and support to team members; reviewing deliverables and providing constructive feedback.
- Monitoring performance measurements, by project, to promote continuous quality improvement and efficiency of services provided.
- Working with Director to oversee project budgets.
- Adhering to EnCompass’ contractual standards.
- Anticipating issues and proactively working to avoid or resolve them.
- Oversees the logistics processes for two large training programs.
- Handles project administration including:
- Assisting the Finance Department with processing consultant invoices and project accounts.
- Ensuring accurate contractual recordkeeping.
- Ensuring required consultant documentation is current.
- Maintaining project documentation in EnCompass KM systems.
- Recruit, manage and support consultants working on relevant programs
- Review and ensure quality performance of consultants
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events, and providing support to other team members as needed.
- Serve as a resource to Business Development teams by contributing to proposal development processes
- Develop LOE estimates, write proposals, work plans and budgets
- Collaborate with EnCompass staff and consultant teams to strengthen design of projects and proposals
- Identify new partners and sources of new business
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree and six years’ experience or master’s degree and four years’ experience.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of two years of project management experience, including the following:
- Experience managing long-term contracts and deliverables.
- Proven track record of managing and planning complex projects and large budgets.
- Experience managing staff and consultants.
- Significant experience working with international organizations, including the UN, U.S. Government, NGOs, and the private sector
- Excellent management, organization, communication (verbal and written) and problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize assignments and meet required deadlines.
- Ability to confidently engage with staff at all levels to define needs and expectations, collaborate on projects and communicate results.
- Ability to deal sensitively in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to think strategically and integrate diverse information from varied sources.
- Adept at identifying and framing problems, setting priorities, and making critical assessments.
- Ability to understand the needs of an organization and identify creative solutions. Committed to providing the highest level of service.
- Flexibility and ability to travel for varying lengths of time.
- Expertise in Word processing, database management, spreadsheets (Excel), and web-based programs
- Knowledge of the principles of learning including adult learning, participatory methods, instructional design, whole systems design, e-learning and related topics
- Fluency in languages other than English
- Experience/knowledge/skills with blended learning, vILT and other learning technologies
- Familiarity with executive coaching methodologies and certifications
- Field experience, and/or methodologies and approaches to capacity strengthening programs
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
About the Organization
EnCompass LLC is a women-owned small business that offers innovative solutions for organizational excellence. We seek to enhance the impact and capacity of government and multilateral agencies, corporations, and nonprofits around the world through customized services in organizational and leadership development, training, technical assistance, and evaluation. EnCompass has a global and multicultural team of staff and consultants with deep expertise in a range of issues including health, HIV/AIDS, gender, democracy and governance, education, human rights, agriculture and food security.