Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm with offices based in Washington, DC and abroad. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: gender, youth, health, finance and investment, enterprise development, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is recruiting for a Project Manager/ Chief of Party for a project proposed under USAID’s Advancing the Agenda of Gender Equality (ADVANTAGE) IDIQ. The purpose of this task order is to provide timely, flexible, on-demand, short and medium-term technical assistance to USAID Missions and Bureaus across sectors, with the intent of promoting women’s economic empowerment and equality (WE3). This project will promote greater attention to WE3 in Agency programming by improving staff capacity, expanding WE3 resources, and enabling Missions and operating units in incorporating WE3 into gender analysis, program design, and counterpart interaction.
The Project Manager/ COP shall serve as the primary point of contact with USAID/E3/GenDev with regard to day-to-day implementation and management matters relating to the contract. The COP shall administer and manage the various tasks set forth in the Scope of Work.
- Provide technical leadership for project activities
- Identify and supervise staff and consultants
- Ensure quality control and timeliness of all deliverables;
- Supervise and prepare work plans, financial, logistical and other documents;
- Review all financial and logistical information on a periodic basis;
- Serve as the principal liaison with USAID staff, institutions and client country partners to exchange information and develop professional relationships;
- Make verbal or written presentations to a range of audiences, including USAID missions, interagency groups, development partners, on key WE3 topics
- Master’s degree in international development with an emphasis on economic growth, gender and development, or another relevant social sciences field;
- At least five years of experience in gender and economic growth;
- Minimum of two years of experience in project management, including supervisory work experience, including direct supervision of professional and support staff; and quality evaluation of staff performance and deliverables;
- Minimum two years of experience in a developing country context;
- Direct experience in designing, managing and implementation of cross-cutting programs related to gender and development;
- Ability to communicate diplomatically and clearly with USAID staff and partners and national organizations;
- Superior speaking and writing skills in English are required.
No phone calls please. Please apply to the position through our website, https://banyanglobal.com/careers/.
About the Organization
Banyan Global is a development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches to international development. The firm has offices in Washington, DC and New York City and staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within five practice areas: gender, health, microfinance, financial sector development, and enterprise development.