EnCompass LLC is currently seeking a Project Manager/Chief of Party candidate for an upcoming five-year activity for the USAID Bureau for Economic Growth, Education and Environment, Office of Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment (E3/GenDev). The Gender Integration Technical Assistance (GITA) II activity will assist USAID Missions and Operating Units in the implementation of the Women’s Entrepreneurship and Economic Empowerment (WEEE) Ac of 2018 as well as implementing the Gender Equality and Female Empowerment policy.
The position is contingent upon award, and will be a full time staff position based at EnCompass headquarters, in Rockville, MD.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Manager/Chief of Party (PM/COP) will serve as the primary point of contact for USAID and as the principal liaison with USAID staff, institutions, and client country partners to exchange information and develop professional relationships. The PM/COP will provide technical leadership for and supervision of consultants and staff engaged in this activity; ensure quality control and timeliness of all deliverables; and, prepare work plans, financial, logistical, and other documents. Position Requirements
Experience and Skills
- Master’s degree in international development, gender and development, public health or another of the related social sciences
- Minimum 10 years of experience in gender integration, including carrying out gender analyses and assessments
- Minimum of five years of experience in project management, including supervisory work experience with direct supervision of professional and support staff; and quality evaluation of staff performance and deliverables
- Minimum five years of experience in a developing country context
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
- Direct experience in designing, managing and implementation of cross-cutting programs related to gender and development
- Ability to communicate diplomatically and clearly
- Superior speaking and writing skills in English; professional fluency in a second language desirable
- Direct experience in designing, managing, and implementing cross-cutting programs specifically related to gender and development in developing countries
- Knowledge of gender gaps/key gender issues across multiple international development sectors, such as agriculture, food security, health, education, civic participation, rule of law, global climate change, economic growth, natural resources management, among others
- Familiarity with key GBV issues across multiple international development sectors, such as agriculture, food security, health, education, economic growth, civic participation, rule of law, global climate change and natural resources management
- Familiarity with key topics in women’s economic empowerment, including the application of Women’s Entrepreneurship and Economic Empowerment (WEEE) Act and opportunities under the Women’s Global Development and Prosperity Initiative (W-GDP)
Please submit CV and cover letter no later than June 19, 2019, for consideration.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
About the Organization
EnCompass is a women-owned business offering innovative and customized solutions for leadership, capacity strengthening, technical assistance, and monitoring and evaluation. We have experience in more than 70 countries and a team of more than 100 staff and 1,200 experts around the globe.
We partner with government and multilateral agencies, nonprofit organizations, and corporations around the world, offering thought leadership, rich diversity, and technical expertise in global health, inclusive development, education, human rights, and food security.