Tetra Tech currently has an opening for a Project Manager supporting a diverse Department of Defense (DoD) and Federal Agency design portfolio. This position will have direct client interface and will be leading teams of design professionals delivering all types of facility projects for various US Government clients. The selected candidate will experience a unique opportunity to be involved with global projects, while working with a team of in-house experts in all facilities engineering disciplines. The position will require a leader that can operate effectively in a dynamic work environment with the following duties:
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining schedules and budgets for projects;
- Responsible for technical completeness and accuracy of projects and conformance with the prescribed standards of care;
- Manage a multidisciplinary team;
- Makes project decisions in conjunction with clients and regulators;
- Assigns duties to project team, answers questions, monitors progress, and checks completed work;
- Maintains close relationship with client throughout development of project;
- Monitors performance of contractors on job sites, approves change orders subject to client approval, and serves as the spokesperson for the firm on technical matters;
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with potential clients and other firms;
- Participates in staffing the project team;
- Participates in business development activities;
- Prepares proposals including fee estimates;
- Conducts performance appraisals of staff reporting to him/her and provides input to other appraisers for staff who have worked on his/her projects;
- Works closely with Project Administrators on financial oversight of project work including approval of project invoices;
- Maintains a leadership role within a professional or community organization to help build the Company’s reputation and growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Architectural Engineering, Structural Engineering, or Civil Engineering;
- Master’s degree preferred;
- Professional Engineering (PE) registration required;
- Eleven (11) or more years of experience;
- Demonstrated success managing multi-disciplinary teams of architects and engineers;
- Experience on US Federal Agency projects is preferred;
- Excellent team building, interpersonal, and written communication skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required;
- Ability and willingness to travel overseas.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers or mail resumes to Human Resources, Tetra Tech Inc., 100 Nickerson Road, Marlborough, MA 01752. Please Reference Job Code: 12700000183.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
No calls or agencies
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.