Job DescriptionYOU’LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY …
being responsible for managing service contracts and developing new opportunities for Action Against Hunger-USA in the area of technical assistance and research.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE
- Leading the acquisition and management of contracts for the Technical Department.
- Serving as the primary liaison between the Technical Team and all other Departments for new and existing contracts managed by the Action Against Hunger USA Technical Team to ensure proper implementation, coordination, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Serving as a lead coordination function for the development of new technical assistance and research contracts providing high-level support to identification, preparation, submission, tracking, and integration of lessons learned.
- Working in close co-operation with a network of Action Against Hunger experts and international/national consultants.
DO YOU MEET THE PROFILE REQUIRED CRITERIA ?
You’re a dedicated and experienced professional
- You have Master’s degree in International Relations, International Development and Policy, International Business or a related field, together with at least five years related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- You have at least 2 years of experience leading large and complex, donor funded international development projects focusing on strengthening of national institutions, including at least 1 year on projects funded by donors through commercial contracts.
- You can demonstrate knowledge of the project life cycle
- You have experience in applying Results-based Management principles in complex development assistance projects.
- You have the ability to negotiate financial terms of contractual agreements in a cost-efficient way.
You’re passionate about humanitarian work
- You have a strong background in international development assistance programs, with emphasis on functions, politics and procedures of donor governments.
- You have a solid understanding of market leaders with key donors in the provision of development assistance programs through commercial contracts.
- You have experience managing commercial contracting in the development sector (including EuropeAid, DFID, World Bank, Global Affairs Canada, etc.).
- You know MS Office Suite very well (high proficiency in Excel), and are fluent in both English and French.
About the Organization
FOR FOOD. AGAINST HUNGER AND MALNUTRITION.
FOR CLEAN WATER. AGAINST KILLER DISEASES.
FOR FREEDOM FROM HUNGER. FOR EVERYONE. FOR GOOD.
FOR ACTION. AGAINST HUNGER.
For almost 40 years, across nearly 50 countries, we have led the global fight against hunger. We save the lives of children and their families. We are there for them before and after disaster strikes. We enable people to provide for themselves, see their children grow up strong, and for whole communities to prosper. We constantly search for more effective solutions, while sharing our knowledge and expertise with the world. We push for long-term change. We will never give up. Until the world is free from hunger.
- Lifesaving impact in nearly 50 countries
- 6,500+ field staff assisting more than 14.7 million people
- 35+ years of expertise responding to emergencies caused by conflict, natural disasters and food crises
Our global efforts save hundreds of thousands of lives each year, but millions of undernourished children remain in need of lifesaving treatment.