As the Project Manager for Commercial Contracts, you’ll contribute to ending world hunger by being responsible for managing service contracts and developing new opportunities for Action Against Hunger-USA in the area of technical assistance and research.
Key Activities in your role will include:
- Leading the acquisition and management of contracts for the Technical Department.
- Serving as the primary liaison between the Technical Team and all other Departments for new and existing contracts managed by the Action Against Hunger USA Technical Team to ensure proper implementation, coordination, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Serving as a lead coordination function for the development of new technical assistance and research contracts providing high-level support to identification, preparation, submission, tracking, and integration of lessons learned.
- Working in close co-operation with a network of Action Against Hunger experts and international/national consultants.
You’re a dedicated and experienced professional
- You have Master’s degree in International Relations, International Development and Policy, International Business or a related field, together with at least five years related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- You have at least 2 years of experience leading large and complex, donor funded international development projects focusing on strengthening of national institutions, including at least 1 year on projects funded by donors through commercial contracts.
- You can demonstrate knowledge of the project life cycle
- You have experience in applying Results-based Management principles in complex development assistance projects.
- You have the ability to negotiate financial terms of contractual agreements in a cost-efficient way.
You’re passionate about humanitarian work
- You have a strong background in international development assistance programs, with emphasis on functions, politics and procedures of donor governments.
- You have a solid understanding of market leaders with key donors in the provision of development assistance programs through commercial contracts.
- You have experience managing commercial contracting in the development sector (including EuropeAid, DFID, World Bank, Global Affairs Canada, etc.).
- You know MS Office Suite very well (high proficiency in Excel), and are fluent in both English and French.
About the Organization
Action Against Hunger-USA is part of the Action Against Hunger International network, which provides humanitarian relief in over 40 countries worldwide in the sectors of nutrition, health, water/sanitation, and food security. Action Against Hunger-USA, an independent NGO, currently manages operations in 9 countries: Democratic Republic of Congo, Kenya, South Sudan, Nigeria, Pakistan, Cambodia, Tanzania, Uganda, Haiti. Action Against Hunger-USA has over $60 million in programs, and approximately 1,500 permanent staff based in New York City, Washington D.C, Nairobi, and country offices. Additional growth is anticipated.
- Lifesaving impact in nearly 50 countries
- 6,500+ field staff assisting more than 14.7 million people
- 35+ years of expertise responding to emergencies caused by conflict, natural disasters and food crises
Our global efforts save hundreds of thousands of lives each year, but millions of undernourished children remain in need of lifesaving treatment.