As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
The Regional Office West in the Germany, Europe Division implements projects for various clients and donors, such as federal and state ministries, international donors and the private sector. Working with the operational departments in the public-benefit sector and GIZ International Services, the Regional Office West gives the projects access to sector networks and the expertise, experience, skills and best practices of German/European stakeholders from the fields of politics, administration, business and academia as part of service packages. Its work focuses on topics such as energy, sustainable urban development, recycling management, mobility and transport, the economy and the labour market. In the energy sector, the Regional Office West uses digital processes to create service packages covering areas including energy policy, building refurbishment and energy efficiency plans.
In your role as project manager, you will assume all the tasks associated with energy and environmental topics for the Regional Office West:
- Setting up and maintaining sector networks with German and European institutions
- Advising projects on providing German and European know-how for their partners
- Taking part in appraisal missions
- Preparing services on energy sector topics for which there is a demand
- Refining the portfolio in the energy and environment sector
- Planning, steering, monitoring and quality assurance, contract management
- A university degree in energy or environmental sciences or a clear energy profile
- Several years of project management experience in international cooperation programmes on energy and environmental issues
- Experience with submitting applications for EU funding and HORIZON calls for proposals would be an advantage
- High level of management skills
- Excellent advisory and communication skills
- Ability to familiarise yourself with new topics quickly
- A knowledge of international cooperation processes and procedures
- Intercultural skills, diplomatic finesse and the ability to work in a team
- Fluent English and German, a good command of French
Please note that we can only accept and process applications received via our online e-recruiting system. After submitting your application, you should check your spam/junk folder regularly, since some providers class the emails sent out by our e-recruiting system as spam. GIZ would like to employ a greater proportion of people with a disability, so we welcome any such applications.
About the Organization
We create prospects – for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals – even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our approximately 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping and carrying out your work.