EnCompass LLC is currently seeking a Project Manager to provide support for the assessment, planning, delivery, and evaluation of various programs for U.S. government agencies, and private and public-sector organizations. The primary responsibility of the Project Manager is to ensure that EnCompass delivers the highest quality of work in response to client needs and contract deliverables, within budget and on time. The Project Manager effectively supports (and sometimes leads) diverse teams, facilitates sessions with clients, and manages work plans and budgets. This is a full-time position based out of EnCompass’ headquarters in Rockville, MD and will report to the Senior Manager.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions include:
- Supports project activities including:
- Prepare work plans and supporting project launch activities.
- Identify, onboard and support key consultants and partners.
- Track and ensure on-time client deliverable requirements.
- Manage project finances, approval requirements, track incoming costs, project future expenditures and preparation of financial reports.
- Work closely with Finance and Contracts team on managing preparation of budget realignments, contract modifications, and subcontract modifications.
- Ensure a positive and productive relationship with all stakeholders.
- Support subcontract management.
- Support team members; reviewing deliverables and providing constructive feedback.
- Monitor performance measurements, by project, to promote continuous quality improvement and efficiency of services provided.
- Work with project staff to document best practices and work with Communications to promote success stories, website updates, etc.
- Support compliance with EnCompass’ policies and procedures and client contracts.
- Handles project administration including:
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the project team.
- Assist the Finance Department with processing consultant invoices and project accounts.
- Ensure accurate contractual recordkeeping
- Ensure required consultant documentation is current.
- Maintain project documentation and file management in EnCompass KM systems.
- Support Business Development activities as appropriate.
- Contribute to project management guidelines and standards as appropriate
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events, and providing support to other team members as needed.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree and four years’ experience or master’s degree and two years’ experience.
- Degree in International Development or a related field.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of two years of project coordination experience, including the following:
- Experience supporting contracts or task orders and deliverables
- Experience supporting staff and consultants
- Experience working with international organizations, including the UN, U.S. Government, NGOs, and the private sector
- Excellent management, organization, communication (verbal and written) and problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize assignments and meet required deadlines.
- Ability to confidently engage with staff at all levels to define needs and expectations, collaborate on projects and communicate results.
- Ability to deal sensitively in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to integrate diverse information from varied sources.
- Adept at identifying and framing problems, setting priorities, and making critical assessments.
- Committed to providing the highest level of service.
- Expertise in Word processing, database management, spreadsheets (Excel), and web-based programs
- Fluency in languages other than English is desirable
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
About the Organization
EnCompass LLC is a women-owned small business that offers innovative solutions for organizational excellence. We seek to enhance the impact and capacity of government and multilateral agencies, corporations, and nonprofits around the world through customized services in organizational and leadership development, training, technical assistance, and evaluation. EnCompass has a global and multicultural team of staff and consultants with deep expertise in a range of issues including health, HIV/AIDS, gender, democracy and governance, education, human rights, agriculture and food security.