Job DescriptionPosition Overview:
The Project Manager – Financial Analysis will lead project management functions of financial planning, program auditing, budgeting, and reporting, including preparing budgets, tracking expenditures, monitoring Level of Effort (LOE) utilization and preparing financial reports for management and clients. They ensure that budget analysis and financial reporting requirements are met for all programs. This position will also support all projects in knowledge management, technical deliverables, recruitment, and reporting. The Project Manager also works with the Business Development Unit (BDU) to prepare cost and pricing for proposals.
Supervisor: Director of Project Management
Exemption Status: Salaried, Exempt
Employment Location: Arlington, Virginia
Position Level: Program Manager (mid-level)
- Assist the Director of Project Management in project resource use planning and
- Set up and maintain Financial Tracking Systems to track and report work/project status and completion.
- Produce monthly and quarterly financial reports for senior management providing analysis on staffing and budget
- Prepare program budget documentation and maintain budget planning information
- Receive, review, process, and track program funding documents. Adjust funding allocations as directed.
- Collect, update, and reconcile project data on IBI’s servers
- Draft contracts, travel approvals, and other client approval requests
- Support IBI employee and consultant needs requirements in the field office, including allowance calculations and
- Review project deliverables, such as workplans, progress updates, and reports and
- Support project start-ups and closeouts as needed
- Assist project leaders in assessing the budgetary impact of any project changes
- Review project invoices and compilation of supporting documentation to be sent to
- Assist with funding vs. invoice reconciliation for contract processes
- Interact regularly with project leaders and subcontractors to resolve problems or issues associated with monthly expenditures and project
- Support ad-hoc external client analysis requests
- Travel <20% to train field office Finance Managers or to participate in the proposal capture process.
- Work with the BDU Team to prepare cost and pricing proposals, and develop cost proposal templates.
- Conduct reviews of submitted cost and pricing proposals
- Conduct comparative analysis of inputs for cost and pricing proposals
- Other duties that are implicit in or incidental to the responsibilities listed above, or as
- BS in Accounting, Finance, Business Admin/Management or related field
- 5-8 yrs of relevant experience
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel with advanced specific use of pivot tables and formulas
- Ability to interact with and deliver financial presentations to all levels of personnel, customers, vendors
- Prior experience in a government/USAID contracting environment.
- Working knowledge of compliance regulation requirements under USAID grants or contracts.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously under moderate supervision
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US long term, and be able to work full-time at our home office in Arlington, VA. IBI will not provide work visa sponsorship for this position.
- Working knowledge of other portions of Microsoft Office Suite (including PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of accounting software
- Working knowledge of GAAP and FAR
- Proficiency in a second language such as Arabic, French, Spanish or Tetum a plus
This job description is no way states or implies that these are the only duties performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
IBI employees work in positions that require a strong commitment to ethics and integrity. As a condition of employment with IBI, final candidates will be subject to a pre-employment screening. The pre- employment screening will be conducted in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and, based on the requirements of the position; duties may include a credit check, criminal background check, education verification, previous employment verification, and reference checks.
All IBI employment offers are contingent on a satisfactory background check.
IBI International is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Organization
IBI is an international economic development consulting firm whose primary client is the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Our core belief, that the best way to improve peoples’ lives is through economic growth, is reflected in our corporate philosophy of “Global Insights – Local Solutions” – a commitment to providing top-notch technical expertise adapted to each specific context. Now celebrating over 23 years of operations, IBI is headquartered in the Ballston neighborhood of Arlington, Virginia.