PURPOSE OF POSITION:
ARK is looking for a highly experienced Iraqi or dual national Project Manager who will implement a peacebuilding and reconciliation project in Iraq. The project will work in the most complex areas of Iraq to increase social and community cohesion. A key component of this project is relationship building and effective management of highly sensitive projects in conflict areas. This position is contingent on award of funding.
The Project Manager will:
- Manage the successful implementation of all project activities.
- Lead, manage, and supervise a number of in-country implementing partners.
- Write donor reports on project progress, activities, success, and recommendations.
- Brief clients on project activities.
- Serve as the main point of contact to donors, partner organizations, and local and national government authorities.
- Manage program budgets, including tracking of financial and material resources.
- Manage program expenditures, budget adjustments, and cost modification requests to donors.
- Contribute to ARK’s wider business development strategy, including through meetings with potential clients and seeking out avenues of new business.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant field-based experience in managing complex and sensitive peacebuilding and reconciliation projects. Strong understanding and past experience of peacebuilding and reconciliation programming in Iraq strongly preferred.
- Master’s Degree in International Development, International Relations, or Peacebuilding. Additional experience may substitute for education.
- Experience in managing partners in complex environments is highly desirable.
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with diverse groups.
- Iraqi national or dual national with excellent English skills.
Please submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com explaining clearly why you are interested in this role and working for ARK, the skills and experiences you can bring to it, and how your experience meets the specification
About the Organization
ARK is a research, conflict transformation and stabilisation consultancy that supports local communities in conflict and fragile areas. We believe that international stability, national security, community safety and individual empowerment are intrinsically linked.
As a team at ARK, we partner with local stakeholders to provide insight and develop programmes that are of immediate, tangible assistance to conflict-affected communities. Many of our staff are drawn from partner communities, hence ARK’s commitment to and understanding of conflict zones. ARK has ongoing programming in communities across the Middle East.