International’s International Development Group seeks an experienced and
dynamic learning expert to manage and lead a large scale project for the
Foreign Service Institute (FSI). The Project Manager will provide vision,
direction, leadership, and management.
overall technical, administrative, and financial management leadership and
direction. Establishes and maintains a close and effective relationship with stakeholders
ensuring that the project is implemented in accordance with the contract and
federal regulations. Provides leadership and direction and defines and
implements activities to achieve the greatest coverage and impact possible.
will report to the Director for Integrated Learning Solutions and be based in
and manage overall project task, personnel, and financial management;
project planning and implementation and support project team.
that an open line of communication is maintained with FSI and other key client
strategic guidance and expert advice to project team and FSI counterparts.
project budget and resource allocation.
and schedule project and task order timelines.
project deliverables using appropriate tools.
and monitor quality assurance plan, including review and edit of all deliverables
for compliance, accuracy, completeness, and adherence to experiential learning
principles and best practices.
and manage project changes and interventions to achieve defined outputs;
project evaluations and assessment of results;
as a task-order manager as needed and provide program
oversight and follow-up activities throughout implementation.
new or growth opportunities at the project level.
and regularly report on progress of the project to ILS Director and
- Serve as the primary liaison, at the project level, with the client and manage all aspects of RTI’s responsibilities pertaining to this project.
- Serve as RTI’s primary representative for responding to task order proposal requests, central reporting, and financial issues.
- Provide regular and frequent communication on all operational and project related issues to ILS Director with recommendations on solutions and prior to reaching high-risk level.
- Manage the overall project by planning, monitoring, and evaluating project activities in accordance with the contract and work plans.
- Keep current on FSI programming, project design, and procurement policy to ensure rapid and continuous integration into the training suite or core courseware
- Remain abreast of current trends and continue to grow professionally by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Coordinate and prepare Quarterly and Annual reports defining project progress, lessons learned, solutions and risk mitigation strategies
- Ensure high quality and customer-service standards and improvements at project level;
- Ensure timely issue resolutions, resolve problems; identify trends; determine system improvements; implement appropriate change.
- Ensure all staff and partners are performing at high-quality.
- Based on subject matter expertise and training experience, may travel up to 5-10% of the time to deliver training or other learning activities.
Coordinate and assign project staff
roles, assign individual responsibilities based on right skills, identify
technical assistance needs and arrange for the provision of needed assistance;
manage the activities of outsourced resources and vendors.
Supervise project staff (remote or
DC-based), including Logistics Manager (key personnel), and manage dynamic
cross-functional work on the project of operations manager, task order
managers, administrative and training coordinator, and e-learning specialists.
Work with task order managers to
recruit and interview potential trainers/consultants, review resumes for new
trainers presented by subcontractors, conduct observations of individual
Contract Oversight Responsibilities
support of Financial Analyst and Operations Manager, all contractual functions.
Work with staff
on implementation plans, financial projections.
review project deliverables using appropriate tools.
Ensure full close-out and documentation of completed
task orders and projects.
Master’s degree in a relevant functional area and at
least twelve (12) years of relevant professional experience in adult education
and professional development.
At least five (5) years’ experience as a successful
manager of large-scale training or professional development activities.
Experience with U.S. government contracting – in particular FSI – is preferred.
Demonstrated technical leadership and operational
experience in overseeing all aspects of this scope of work.
Experience managing similar, large-scale, global training
programs with time-sensitive deliverables.
Experience with thematic, regional, sub-regional and/or
country-specific courses desired.
Proven experience in people management, strategic
planning, risk management, and change management.
Experience in data collection, basic data analysis, and
creating summary reports of data.
Management and supervisory experience
Demonstrated and measurable experience in
designing, facilitating and evaluating tailored learning activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience managing large documents and
multiple files required.
Excellent organizational, verbal, written and
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; meet deadlines
Attention to detail; ability to manage timelines;
flexibility and responsiveness.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
Ability to deliver high quality results and create a
culture of collaboration, operational excellence and team work.
Ability to be self-directing and work independently in
both daily work and achieving organizational goals.
Fluency in English.
Ability to receive government clearance.