The objective of the Cities Climate Finance Gap Fund (Gap Fund), a multi-donor trust fund at EIB, is to support cities in developing countries and emerging economies to translate climate action plans into concrete low-carbon and resilient investment projects, for example in the sectors mobility, energy and waste management. Local capacities and funds are often lacking in this high-risk project development phase, a gap that this fund will address.
GIZ will support to the Gap Fund by managing the technical secretariat jointly with EIB, as well as by providing technical assistance to the cities in the pre-feasibility stage of project development.
The Gap Fund will become operational in 2020. The team will work from Bonn, Germany as well as from Luxembourg-City, Luxembourg.
- Support to the establishment of the techncal secretariat including establishment of processes and cooperation modalities
- Development of advisory modalities for cities
- Assessment of requests for support, including communication with cities
- Planning and implementing individual support and advisory activities, including procurement and management of external consultancy services
- Coordinating with relevant stakeholders, including banks, donors, city networks and individual cities
- Supporting acquisition processes
- Contributing to monitoring, reporting, learning and communication
- Completed university degree in urban development, economics or engineering
- Several years professional experience in the preparation of investment projects
- Professional experience in technical assistance and specifically advisory of national or subnational stakeholders in developing countries and emerging economies
- Professional experience in or cooperation experience with (international) financing institutions is an asset
- Good communication and networking skills
- Working proficiency in English is required. Further languages (specifically Spanish, French, German) are an asset
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
Regular travel will be part of the assignment.
About the Organization
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.