Location: Sittwe, Rakhine State, Myanmar
Service area: Project Management
Duration: 12 months fixed-term, with a possibility of extension
Adam Smith International has been working in Myanmar since 2013, in a number of sectors for clients including the New Zealand government, the ASEAN Secretariat, Australian Government, the Asian Development Bank, the World Bank and DFID. We are currently implementing a long-term agricultural development programme in Rakhine state and have offices in Yangon, Sittwe and Ngapali.
About the role
Adam Smith International is looking for an ambitious individual to join our team as a Project Manager to manage a community driven development programme in Rakhine State, Myanmar. Based in Sittwe, and with regular travel to other townships in Rakhine, Yangon and Nay Pyi Taw, the project manager will be responsible for the quality delivery of the work and management of the project team.
In this fixed-term position, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Day to day management of the programme team
- Regular client communication and reporting
- Project financial management
- Contribute to the programme’s identification, analysis and management of risks
- Monthly reporting to the township Department of Agriculture office
- A few years of relevant project management experience, preferably on international development projects
- Previous experience in Myanmar is a plus
- Previous experience working with government counterparts
- Ability to write clear, concise reports in English
- Budget, finance and forecasting skills
- Strong organisation and management skills of large teams
- A first degree (bachelors) from a good university, although higher level qualifications are preferred
- Excellent written and spoken English, knowledge of Myanmar language would be an advantage
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal guidance
How to Apply
We would love to hear from you. Please submit a CV (no more than 2 pages), alongside a short cover letter with ‘Rakhine project manager’ in the subject line, by August 13th 2018. Only shortlisted applicants only will be contacted.
We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.
About the Organization
Adam Smith International is a strategic development company that works to grow economies, make governments more effective and strengthen security. Our clients are governments, international organisations, corporations and foundations. We are a company known for delivering results, even in fragile environments. We bring together specialist technical experts where and when required, so that we can operate with speed and efficiency, and with the high standard of integrity that we, and our clients, require. Our core team of managers, based in multiple offices around the world, ensures quality of delivery and ethical behaviour. ASI is owned and operated by our employees, who are dedicated to building prosperity and stability, in countries at all stages of development.