Job Title: Program Manager II, Resiliency
Department: CRS Sudan
Reports To: Head of Programs
Country/Location: Khartoum, Sudan
Please note: This position is contingent on funding/project approval by the donor.
Manage and provide technical oversight of the development and implementation of a four million dollars Resilience Approaches for Integrated Development in Darfur (RAID) project, ensuring effective systems and processes are in place that support high-quality programming advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work in serving the poor and vulnerable. The Program Manager ensures that the RAID project, a three years effort projected to start in September 2018 with Caritas Germany funding, delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of its integrated resiliency programming.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
* Master’s Degree in International Development, International Relations or in the field of Community Development required. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
* Minimum of 5 years experience in relevant field-based project management experience required, with preferably at least 2-3 years working in the area of community development, peace building, social cohesion, and/or humanitarian response.
* Experience in managing moderately complex projects preferably with an international NGO.
* Good experience in project grants management, including project design, preferably for grants from multiple public donors, including USAID.
* Demonstrated ability to write high quality technical proposals.
* Experience engaging with partner organizations
* MEAL skills and experience required.
* Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
* Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to make sound judgment and decisions and offer innovative solutions
* Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
* Good presentation and facilitation skills
* Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
Required/Desired Foreign Language: Fluency in English (speaking, reading and writing ability) required; Arabic and German speaking and reading capability will be an added plus.
Travel Required: Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time within Darfur to project sites.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff): These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Trusting Relationships
* Professional Growth
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.