Tetra Tech seeks a Project Manager or Senior Project Manager to provide support and monitoring to Tetra Tech project offices. This position reports to a Technical Director and is based in San Francisco, California.
- Ensures compliance with assigned contracts, annual work plan, and monitoring and evaluation plan. Track and review project deliverables prior to client submission.
- Serves as main point of contact for project office for day-to-day activities including procurement, compliance, budgets, organizing team tours, contracting short-term consultants and deploying to field, project-related travel, and coordination of logistics.
- Monitors project budget and expenditures to ensure adherence to adopted budget and burn rates.
- Participates in the annual planning processes for the project.
- Carries out quarterly calls with client and implement needed corrective actions identified.
- Travels to project offices approximately 20-30 percent of time, as needed.
- Provides support to human resources and/or project staff with recruitment of long term expatriate staff and needed international consultants.
- Works in collaboration with Finance Manager and Director of Projects to ensure that memorandums of understanding, consultant letters, subcontracts, and purchase orders are in place where needed.
- Conducts procurement process, negotiate, and oversee U.S. subcontracts and provide support to field team for local subcontracts.
- Provides support to project office for design, management, and reporting of grants program in accordance with government regulations and internal policies and procedures.
- Maintains contact with client contacts (i.e. CORs and DG officers) for assigned region and coordinate with Business Development on tracking imminent business opportunities.
- Provides training to field staff on key topics such as operating budgets, report writing, success story writing, procurement, and field office finance and operations procedures.
- Provides compliance or contracting input in areas of expertise for assigned portfolio and other projects.
- Maintains project files in accordance with the filing policy and maintains project description and contacts list in central database.
- Arranges travel, moving, and shipping for consultants and long-term field office staff.
- Prepares contract packages and review invoices and travel expense reports of short-term consultants for submission to Finance.
- Edits and formats project reports and other documents including general copy editing, editing for content, and ensuring compliance with the Style Manual.
- Mentor junior Project Officers.
- Participate in Business Development, as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Project Manager - Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences, law, business administration, international relations, or related fields and three to six years of experience or Master’s/Advanced Degree and one to three years of experience in a related field desired.
- Senior Project Manager - Master’s/Advanced Degree in social sciences, law, business administration, international relations, or related fields and at least six years of experience in a related field or Bachelor’s Degree and at least eight years of experience in a related field desired.
- Willingness to travel and work for several weeks at a time in any location (including post-conflict countries) where Tetra Tech has or may have projects.
- Demonstrated capacity to complete project support, monitoring, and administrative tasks timely.
- Able to prioritize multiple assignments.
- Ability to think critically and solve problems independently.
- Capacity to manage multimillion dollar projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of US government regulations (FAR and AIDAR) desired.
- Professional proficiency in Spanish.
Salary range for position: $72,000 - $90,000.
For more information on Tetra Tech, please visit our website at www.tetratechdpk.com
To apply, please visit the Tetra Tech Careers website at www.tetratech.com/careers, click on Search Jobs and search for Job Number 18800000184.
Please submit a resume and cover letter outlining why you should be considered for the position.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
About the Organization
Tetra Tech provides technical, management, and advisory services to help developing and transitioning societies navigate the challenges they face. We work around the world to help establish and strengthen productive relationships between state and society and develop sustainable government and justice systems that are responsive, transparent, accountable, fair, and efficient. Our mission is to foster good governance and the rule of law as basic qualities of successful democratic societies and market economies.