The Project Manager systems is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering agile projects that provide exceptional business value to users. The PM is responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple projects.
* At the program level, leading and managing complex program- level projects consisting of multiple agile teams and/or requiring integration with activities outside with other activities outside the scope of the agile teams.
* At a team level, playing a consultative role to help put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools and coaching members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the project team
* In situations that require a hybrid Agile approach, using good judgment and skill to develop a project management approach that is suitable for planning and managing the effort to achieve the project goals within designated project constraints
Project Planning and Management
* Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value;
* Organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports;
* Manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects
* Manage projects in JIRA and Confluence; providing software training to team members as needed
* Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments,
* Removing roadblocks to their work;
* Leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work;
* Mentoring and developing team members
Product Owner Support
* Support the Product Owners in managing customer expectations for project deliverables
* Managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
* Process Management and Improvement
* Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
* Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution
* Encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
* BA or BSC or equivalent experience is required; MA or MSC is a plus
* Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
* Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
* Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
* Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
* Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools:
* Agile Project Management tools such as Jira/Greenhopper, Rally, VersionOne or equivalent
* Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools
* Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
* Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
* Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
* A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies including 8+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams. PMP preferred
* Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred
* Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 10-15 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel
Balanced business/technical background:
* Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
* Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.