USAID, Advancing Women’s Empowerment Program (AWEP)
Project Manager (Team Leader)
Panagora Group, a woman-owned small business specializing in global health and international development, seeks an experienced Project Manager for an anticipated 4 year USAID-funded activity entitled, the Advancing Women’s Empowerment Program (AWEP). AWEP will provide support to the USAID Bureau for food Security (BFS), Feed the Future Focused and Aligned Missions, and GFSS Target and Aligned Missions worldwide on an as-needed basis. The project will provide technical assistance in the areas of gender-integration, gender-sensitive design, implementation of agricultural programming, building gender capacity of personnel and programing, and knowledge management and learning.
This is a long-term position expected to start in September 2018. The position is contingent upon award.
- Serve as principal point of contact for issues related to project mobilization, quality assurance and problem resolution.
- Maintain understanding of and expertise relevant to AWEP objectives to determine the suitability of proposed personnel and technical assistance and to provide quality assurance during implementation.
- Demonstrate Diplomacy and leadership to foster an atmosphere of teamwork, productivity, creativity, fairness, equity and innovation, and support for diversity in working with contract team members, mission staff and host country counterparts.
- Ensure compliance and integrity of overall project management, including contract personnel, reporting and financial management activities.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree or higher in agricultural development, economics, agronomy, gender and development, social science, or related field
- Ten (10) years of experience across the following
- Implementing gender-sensitive or gender-transformative agricultural and food systems programming in developing countries.
- Leading gender research or monitoring and evaluation in agricultural development programs.
- Gender-mainstreaming in the food security sector.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in leading and providing technical, administrative and management oversight of large and complex international development donor-funded activities as Project Director/Manager, Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, or comparable other management role
- Strong management, writing and interpersonal skills
To apply, please visit our website at panagoragroup.net and apply via the jobs portal. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices.
About the Organization
Panagora Group is a woman-owned small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our vision is to provide high-quality, high-impact social and economic development consulting, with a special focus on public-private partnerships, human and institutional capacity-building, knowledge sharing and collaborative learning, NGO/community engagement, and integrated solutions that build country capacity and independence.