Job DescriptionRTI is seeking a Project Manager to join the Regional Disaster Assistance Program (RDAP), based in Costa Rica, which is the primary vehicle for USAID/OFDA•s disaster risk management support in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC). USAID/OFDA supports disaster risk reduction (DRR) programs aimed at saving lives, alleviating human suffering, and reducing the social and economic impact of disasters in LAC. The RDAP contributes to the increased capacity of disaster management personnel and governments in LAC countries, providing direct instruction as well as technical assistance for planning, strengthening, and consolidating the role of national organizations in disaster management.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the oversight, administration, and supervision of all training and technical assistance programs implemented by RTI International and serves as the main point of contact with USAID/OFDA for external training and technical assistance on behalf of RTI.
- In conjunction with the COP, design and implement OFDA programming, providing overall strategic guidance and technical assistance to RDAP. •
- Oversee four sub-regional managers and five technical specialists located in different regions in LAC, ensuring the consistency, quality and timeliness of their work and their adherence to OFDA•s overall strategic approach in the region.
- In collaboration with OFDA, manage the preparation, review, and submission of selected country work plans, ensuring consistency of technical approach across country work plans and with the overall project work plan.
- Track and report on programmatic achievements as required for project deliverable reporting.• Produce technical and/or operational reports and updates for deliverable reporting and identify which activities promote or impede program success. •
- Collaborate with Chief of Party to identify and manage risks and actively participate in the resolution of performance issues with project staff and sub-contractors or sub-awardees.
- Work closely with the client; responding to requests for technical information, and ensure the client is informed in a timely manner regarding program challenges, grantee issues, or changes to work plans and/or budgets.
- •Serve as a representative for RDAP at relevant and strategic conferences, meetings, and other events throughout the region and internationally, focusing on the dissemination of information addressing emergency response and/or risk management.
- Master•s degree in related disaster management field and at least 6 years of relevant work experience on international development/humanitarian assistance programs; or Bachelor•s degree in a related disaster management field and at least 10 years of relevant work experience on international development/humanitarian assistance programs.
- Experience in disaster risk management, disaster preparedness, training, mitigation, and/or response activities is required. Experience in LAC is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in mid-level management responsibilities, including program strategic planning, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation.
- Familiarity with the disaster structures of the LAC region; it•s key players, and agency relationships is an advantage.
- Familiarity with USG grant and contract management requirements, specifically USAID, is highly preferred.
- Fluency in English and Proficiency in Spanish Level 4 required, Level 5 preferred.
About the OrganizationIDG Food & Agriculture