We are looking for a Project Manager to assist on a project within health care on a 12 month, contract opportunity. A consultant is required to support and strengthen Tuvalu’s response to the pandemic and the health information systems to support it.
The Project Manager will be responsible for assisting the Ministry of
Health, including but not limited to:
1. Initiating, implementing and monitoring of projects
2. Coordinating multiple projects
3. Instituting organizational support to ensure sector wide support
for the projects
4. Identifying, coordinating and engaging key stakeholders
5. Developing and maintaining the project charter and project plan
6. Assisting the country in defining the business, technical and
management requirements for each initiative
7. Promoting and achieving agreement and support for initiatives
across the health sector and other agencies
8. Providing general assistance to the Public Health Programs (with
focus on COVID-19 vaccination data management and roll-out).
Qualification and Experience
Essential: A medical science, public health, epidemiology or related
health professional background with training/expertise on health
· At least 7 years’ experience in information management systems and their application to health sector
· Strong business (clinical and public health) and digital/ technical acumen with demonstrable track record of success.
· Previous experience in resource poor settings in public health, health information systems (particularly on electronic vaccination records and surveillance), health informatic management, and monitoring and evaluation
· Understanding of co-design and human centric methods and their applications in development
· Previous international experience in digital health or similar role
· Degree or certification on health informatics, health IT, digital health
· Experience implementing an outbreak data management digital tool R or python programming skills
· Understanding of interoperability between digital solutions
TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
· Excellent communication skills;
· Excellent analytical, planning and organizational skills;
· Ability to work in a team with limited supervision; and
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Written and spoken fluency in English and Mandarin is essential;
· Written and spoken fluency in one of the UN languages, preferably French, would be an asset.
• Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond;
• Moving forward in a changing environment;
• Ensuring the effective use of resources;
• Fostering Integration and team work; and
• Communication in a credible and effective way.
Place of Assignment
Assigned to Funafuti, Tuvalu
The selected Consultant will be expected to provide a medical certificate of fitness for work.
Shortlisted candidates for this opportunity will require a high-level approach to the project work, detailing your experience offering project management consulting, detailed project examples for each area of required experience plus 3 detailed references.