Gevity is looking for a Project Manager on a 12 month contract opportunity. The project is about the overall COVID-19 vaccination roll-out across the Pacific and looking to provide support to countries to advance their planning horizons to introduce the new vaccine and identify critical components (including information systems and monitoring) to strengthen preparations for the vaccine introduction. Moreover, building and leveraging on the COVID-19 vaccination introduction, the longer-term objective is to improve the country’s national immunization programs along with the country’s overall digital health program to support the broader health sector.
A consultant is required to support and strengthen Tonga’s response to the pandemic and the health information systems to support it. WHO is seeking the services of a qualified individual to be available to support digital health activities onsite in Tonga.
The specific objective of the consultant is to support the Ministry of Heath’s CIO to support the country’s COVID-19 preparedness, vaccination data management and other unidentified priorities that may have a negative impact to the success of achieving its objective. The consultant will also be expected to assist the CIO with the NHIS Program and other management, and technical duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
· Public Health and Health information technology/Digital Health expert.
· At least 5 to 10 years of experience in public health, information management systems and their application to logistics, transport or supply change management and monitoring field.
· Strong business (clinical and public health) and digital/technical acumen with demonstrable track record of success.
· Experience working in resource poor setting and remote locations
· Previous experience in resource poor settings in public health, health information systems, health informatic management, and monitoring and evaluation.
· Previous international experience in digital health or similar role.
· A medical science, public health or related health professional background is desirable.
TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
· Excellent communication skills;
· Excellent analytical, planning and organizational skills;
· Ability to work in a team with limited supervision; and
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Written and spoken fluency in English is essential;
· Written and spoken fluency in one of the UN languages, preferably
· French, would be an asset.
· Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond;
· Moving forward in a changing environment
· Ensuring the effective use of resources;
· Fostering integration and team work; and
· Communication in a credible and effective way
Place of Assignment: Assigned to Nuku’alofa, Tonga
Medical clearance: The selected Consultant will be expected to provide a medical certificate of
fitness for work.
The successful contract candidate will provide their own laptop or other computing hardware, and software licenses to perform their duties.
Shortlisted candidates for this opportunity will require a high-level approach to the project work, detailing your experience offering project management consulting, detailed project examples for each area of required experience plus 3 detailed references.
About the Organization
About our Company
Gevity is an international informatics and management consulting company offering a full range of interdisciplinary professional services to clients seeking to build sustainable and effective healthcare and social services systems. Through our focus on the unique needs of the healthcare, social services and life sciences sectors, we work to support healthier lives through connected systems. Gevity’s services range from strategic consultancy to system integration.
Equality of opportunity and diversity of our company is important to us.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status