DAI is looking for two Project Managers, to work as part of their busy Delivery Unit within the Economic Growth and Governance teams. The positions will be based within DAI Europe; located in spacious, bespoke offices in Apsley, Hemel Hempstead, adjacent to fast rail links to London and southeast England.
Responding to the needs of our growing business, we are seeking dynamic candidates, keen to learn and to join our busy Economic Growth or Governance teams. You will play a vital role within a highly qualified team delivering technical expertise and head office-based project management for DAI Europe’s ongoing long-term overseas projects.
We would particularly like to hear from you if your interest and focus is in one or more of the following:
- Inclusive economic growth: value chain and market systems development; finance and investment; business environment reform; trade; innovation and entrepreneurship; women’s economic empowerment.
- Governance: public administration or civil service reform; voice and accountability; law and justice; public finance management; legislative strengthening; conflict prevention, post-conflict development, preventing violent extremism.
- We are also looking for a strong administrative and good team-working skills along with an ability to meet tight deadlines, manage multiple priorities, and excellent verbal and written English.
For the role the successful candidate will have:
- as a minimum, an undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in international development or relevant subject; with, preferably, a Master’s qualification focussing on areas of economic development or governance;
- experience of working overseas, ideally in a development environment, and preferably in a project management role;
- experience of working with DFID or other donors;
- excellent communication skills with a demonstrable ability to write technical text;
- strong organisational skills;
- excellent interpersonal skills – able to establish and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally;
- good numeracy skills with high level of attention to detail;
- a proven ability to multi-task under pressure
A project management qualification, business development experience and an additional European language would be additional advantages.
Salary offered commensurate with relevant experience. A generous benefits package includes company pension, private health scheme, cycle to work scheme and contribution to gym membership (after a qualifying period).
The closing date for applications is Monday 30th July 2018, and interviews will be held progressively.
More detailed company information is available at www.dai.com
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom.
If you believe you have the above skills and experience, and you have the right to work within the EEA, we look forward to hearing from you.
About the Organization
DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. We work with a wide range of clients, including national and local governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, private corporations, and philanthropies.
Since 1970, we have worked in more than 150 countries—delivering results across the spectrum of international development contexts, from stable societies and high-growth economies to challenging environments racked by political or military conflict.