With more than 30 years of experience, CowaterSogema is Canada’s global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development. We have managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe for clients such as DFID, DFAT Australia, the World Bank and Global Affairs Canada. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, economic and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017 and 2018.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
CowaterSogema is excited to announce the opening of a Project Officer position for the upcoming Decentralisation for Development (D4D) in Zambia III module of the Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GiZ) Decentralisation and Local Governance programme in Zambia. The objective of the project is to improve service delivery and political participation at the local level. The objective of module III is to support national and local authorities as they implement the decentralisation process, especially fiscal decentralisation, in a more efficient, transparent, coordinated, citizen-oriented and pro-poor manner.
The Project Officer will be based in Zambia and provide assistance to the Team Leader in regard to monitoring & evaluation (M&E), documentation, team coordination, book-keeping, and general administration.
The Project Oficer will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Organizing the M&E system on the services of the Firms of Consultants and providing contributions to the overall M&E system of the project;
- Supporting documentation of technical innovations and approaches and drafting fact sheets and summary presentations;
- Supporting the coordination of the team of the Firms of Consultants (technical and logistical); and
- Assist in book-keeping and other administrative tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Local Government Finance, Public Administration, Political Sciences, Planning or any other relevant field.
- Minimum 3 years experience ensuring integrity of data, verifying information regarding data quality and data completeness in projects funded by development agencies;
- Experience with field data collection;
- Experience in report writing;
- Strong experience and skills in research, data collection, analysis, and management;
- Regional experience working with local governments in Southern Africa, preferably in Zambia.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills (speaking, writing and oral) in English;
- Creative problem-solving ability and excellent analytical skills; and
- Detail-oriented to review information and ensure accuracy.
- Professional experience in Zambia would be an advantage.
Project’s specific conditions:
- This position is based in Zambia (28 person-months).
- Must be a Zambian national.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with CowaterSogema.
About the OrganizationCowaterSogema is a global leader in management consulting services, focusing on developing and emerging economies. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. As Canada’s largest international development consulting firm, CowaterSogema has developed a reputation of excellence for our strong ability to work with clients and stakeholders to provide leading-edge solutions and services tailored to the needs and challenges faced by developing and transitional countries. Our firm possesses internationally recognized and award-winning experience at the policy, program and project levels, developing and managing major projects as well as undertaking studies, sector reviews, evaluations, and training and communications activities.
CowaterSogema is a global company with its headquarters in Ottawa, Canada, an office in Montreal, Canada, an office in Pretoria, South Africa (CowaterSogema South Africa) and operations in Paris, France (CowaterSogema Europe). Additionally, the company currently operates project offices worldwide including in Burkina Faso, Mali, Malawi, Cameroon, South Sudan, Mozambique, Zambia, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Indonesia, Jordan, Peru, Honduras, Barbados etc.