RTI International is seeking a qualified Project Operations Manager for the ENVISION project in the International Development Group’s (IDG’s) Global Health Division (GHD).
The POM will provide advanced-level operational support and technical guidance in all aspects of project management support functions. Responsible for support to and quality control for project operations for ENVISION within Global Health Division (GHD). Primary operations management responsibility for the project, and assistance to the project leadership. Also perform Project Manager (PM) and/or Project Coordinator (PC) roles as needed. May perform business and proposal development tasks within GHD.C or Washington, DC. The position will be based in Research Triangle Park, NC or Washington, DC.
- Provide leadership for project management support team;
Minimum required Qualifications:
- Support and advise division, portfolio managers, and project teams on cross-cutting operations issues;
- Collaborate with Financial Analyst and Senior Grants Manager to coordinate participation in Project Performance Dashboard Reviews (PPDRs) and respond to issues identified;
- Support annual work planning including budget development and review, and contribute to semi-annual reporting;
- Participate in monthly country progress meetings;
- Schedule and coordinate operations team meetings;
- Collaborate with Deputy Director, Financial Analyst and Senior Grants Manager for coordinated and consistent project administration standards and timely response to client requests and problem-solving;
- Collaborate with senior management team to identify and manage risks;
- Provide direct project management support and serve as backup/acting PM as needed on the project;
- Supervise, train and mentor project management support staff on financial and operational functions, and train other project staff as needed;
- Serve as a resource and point person for and to Project Management Support Office (PMSO), to ensure standards are applied across the project and lessons learned are captured and shared International Development Group (IDG)-wide;
- Lead orientation and training for new staff in areas of project administration and operations;
- Provide quality assurance in areas of project administration and operations;
- Work with project team to create customized project management or operational solutions as needed;
- Coordinate and ensure back-up for project management staff when required (due to competing work or leave)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field with 12 years of relevant work experience; or Master’s Degree in relevant field with 9 years of relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with project management teams and matrix environment in support of USAID-funded programming is a must.
- 5 or more years of experience and familiarity with applicable technical area.
- At least 3 years of experience in direct or in-direct field management preferred.
- Experience in project administration and operation support in international development.
- Recent experience managing project administration and coordination team(s)
- Recent supervisory responsibility leading project administration support staff
- Must be eligible to work in the USA
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced proficiency in administrative and operational support skills and abilities.
- Proven ability to work across technical and operational areas within business group.
- Advanced knowledge project management practices in international development.
- Advanced knowledge and skill with MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Knowledge of grants (including fixed amount awards (FAAs) administrative and regulatory requirements (2CFR 200 and ADS 303) and grants management.
- Excellent ability in communication (verbal and written).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability.
- Proven ability to manage and support complex and geographically disparate programs.
- Strong ability to partner and influence.
- Culturally sensitive and respectful.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) course work or certification preferred.
- Proficiency in French preferred
About the Organization
RTI International is one of the world's leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 3,700 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
IDG Global Health