Integra (www.integrallc.com) designs, implements, supports, and evaluates international development activities around the world. We focus on creating opportunities for the poor, expanding access to public infrastructure, preserving resilient ecosystems, and strengthening donor programs. Headquartered in Washington, DC, Integra provides technical and managerial expertise to clients on matters related to economic development through trade, investment, the application of science and technology, improved business enabling environments, and enterprise and institutional development.
The Project Specialist position is designed for a well organized, highly motivated individual to provide project management support to several of the firm’s international projects. The individual will work closely with the firm’s Associates, gaining extensive exposure to project operations and the business development process within the field of international development. In addition to the growth potential and learning opportunities, Integra offers an inclusive, collaborative, and fun firm culture. International travel may be required.
The Project Specialist will have responsibility for the following functions:
- Project Support: Perform project backstopping for USAID and other donor organization projects. Responsibilities will include project reporting, budget tracking and analysis, reviewing consultant timesheets and expense reports, assisting with project recruitment, submitting credentials and travel approval requests, conducting project launch and close out activities, and providing administrative support as required. The Project Specialist will maintain client relationships at the operational level of each project, and assist with project contractual compliance and adherence to federal regulations.
- Business Development: Assist with budget preparation and support the development of project proposals and technical reports, including background research, pricing information, editing and layout assistance. Assist in the development of various business development management systems. Coordinate the preparation of contracts and subcontracts as necessary, with guidance.
- Communications: Assist in the development of communications materials for the firm, including the creation of content for Integra’s website.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the Project Specialist will also perform various types of research (project and non-project), contribute to Integra’s communication and outreach efforts, and assist in the development of various project management systems. The Project Specialist may provide technical support as needed, and international travel may be required.
- BA/BS degree in related field (business, economics, international relations). Masters degree preferred.
- At least 1-2 years experience in international development.
- Strong financial skills required, including experience with project budgeting and extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Strong organizational skills, writing, research, quantitative and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, prioritize, and multi-task under tight deadlines.
- Excellent command of English, foreign language proficiency desired.
- Desire to learn and implement best practices in international development.
- Cultural understanding and overseas experience highly preferred
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Project Specialist” in the subject line of the e-mail. No phone calls please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
Integra (www.integrallc.com) designs, implements, supports, and evaluates international development activities around the world. We focus on creating opportunities for the poor, expanding access to public infrastructure, preserving resilient ecosystems, and strengthening donor programs. Our team has a proven record of taking creative approaches that yield lasting results.
- Through the work performed under our $3.85 million Global Broadband and Innvoations program , Integra leveraged $493 million in contracted spending by developing country governments and private firms, all focused on bringing broadband infrastructure and services to those without access.
- By supporting MCC’s Constraint’s Analysis exercise in Niger, Integra ensured that the “binding constraints” identified, which will be targeted by a compact of several hundred million dollars, is having the largest possible impact on economic growth.
- In Kenya, Integra supported the national Communications Commission to lead a multi-stakeholder process to develop a National Broadband Strategy. The strategy is currently being implemented by the country’s new ICT Authority and calls for investments in infrastructure, including a fiber optic backbone and high speed wireless solutions, totaling $2,170,200,000.
- In Nigeria alone, our work to support broadband expansion has already connected over 4 million people to the internet.