Job Description Background Information - Job-specific
Under the overall guidance, direction and supervision of the Deputy Programme Manager (DPM), the Project Support Associate (PSA) will contribute to ensuring that the project activities are in compliance and up to date, and that reporting requirements to stakeholders are in line with defined project objectives. The PSA will be responsible to provide support for all operational aspects of the project, including but not limited to preparing and processing financial transactions, preparing budget and financial reports, and covering all aspects of finance, human resources, procurement, contracting and logistics, administration, outreach and stakeholder coordination in close consultation with the relevant colleagues.
The Project Support Associate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Provide support to the overall aspects of project operations related to finance, reporting, human resources, procurement, contract management, logistics, and administration, among others
- In consultation with the DPM, provide support on all matters relating to budget setup, financial management and administration in compliance with established policies, procedures, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and the UNOPS Financial Regulations and Rules (FRR)
- Provide effective support to the DPM on all issues relating project operations and implementation
- Ensure accuracy, consistency, filing and record keeping of all project documents in an efficient manner
- Prepare payment request packages, tranche requests, financial forecasts, project delivery reports as required by various stakeholders and legal commitments
- Provide efficient support in construction contract management, goods contract management and all matters relating to successful supervision and management of contracts and purchase orders
- Prepare and maintain the project budget and related purchase orders, receipts according to UNOPS rules and regulations and ensure completeness of required supporting documents
- Liaise with UNOPS support service units for project-related administrative and operational matters such as requisitions, payments, contract management, recruitment of personnel, procurement of goods and services and assets management
- Support DPM in work plan development, update and monitoring
- Monitor all critical project financial indicators and alert PM in case of deviations
- Prepare budget revisions in consultation with relevant colleagues
- Provide input for the narrative progress reports and other reporting/outreach products as requested by the PM
- Ensure smooth operational and financial closure of the project, settlement of any pending contractual and financial commitments, full receipt of donor/client contributions, assets disposition, personnel separation, among others
- Facilitate execution of any and all project issues as may be required for efficient implementation
High School Diploma, with 6 years of progressively responsible experience in providing administrative and project operational support in the areas of financial management, human resources, procurement, logistics, contract management, assets management, and administration, or Bachelor’s Degree in Public or Business Administration, Commerce, Finance, Management, Economics, Law, Accounting with two (2) years of progressively relevant working experience.
Excellent knowledge of both written and oral English is required
About the Organization Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.