Role & Responsibilities
Coordinating and managing the main support functions including general administration, base management, finance, human resources, logistics and security in a complex conflict environment. With line management responsibility for staff involved in support roles the Project Support Manager also represents Medair at relevant meetings with contractors, local authorities, NGOs and other stakeholders. Will assist with access negotiations and enabling projects to work under counter terrorism policies.
In response to the ongoing crisis in Iraq, Medair’s programme is delivering assistance to Iraqi IDPs, returnees and host communities in Ninewa, Kirkuk and Salah-al-Din governorates. Projects include Health, Shelter and NFI Assistance, Multi-Purpose Cash Assistance and WASH. The Iraq programme operates within the Medair Middle East programme, collaboration, coordination and shared learning of projects is expected within the region.
Field based position in Sinjar, Iraq. Take a look at Medair’s work in Iraq.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
December 2018. Full time, 24 months.
Key Activity Areas
Project Support Management
- Ensure the smooth running of the assigned bases including set-up, staff supervision, security, maintenance and liaison with landlords, contractors and suppliers.
- Supervise all financial activities to ensure all cash management needs, reporting deadlines and internal and external audit requirements are met.
- Ensure all internal financial controls are in place and that Medair and donor guidelines are followed.
- Oversee all human resource activities, supporting line manager.
- Ensure all national and international legal requirements relating to employment are adhered to.
- Oversee the logistical support to programme staff and field bases.
- Monitor that regular computer back-ups, virus updates and routine maintenance are carried out.
- Work with field managers and HQ staff in the preparation and development of budgets for support and shared costs, ensuring they meet all relevant Medair and donor requirements.
- Manage and track expenditure of assigned budgets.
- Attend all relevant external coordination and security meetings and feedback information.
- Ensure security procedures are in place, guidelines are kept up-to-date and staff receive relevant security information. Provide support in managing security incidents as required.
- Ensure a thorough understanding of counter terrorism policies for donor grants to enable projects are compliant on the support side.
- Draw up, manage and periodically review contracts between Medair and external suppliers.
- Submit accurate and timely internal reports and contribute on request to external reports.
- Ensure a clear and transparent paper trail is in place for all transactions.
- Oversight of the permission letters and residency procedures required with local government.
- Manage and oversee the assigned programme support staff including recruitment, day-to-day management, development and training, appraisal, etc.
- Hold regular team meetings with the assigned programme support staff, reviewing team and individual objectives and ensuring team members are kept informed of issues relevant to their work.
- Develop and maintain a transparent, honest and supportive communication structure with colleagues to ensure they are kept informed of support related activities and requirements.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with suppliers, local authorities, other NGOs and any other stakeholders, representing Medair and ensuring good co-operation and partnerships.
- Ensure good communication between project teams and support teams.
- Review, develop and implement systems to improve transparency and to detect and ultimately prevent loss or fraud. Carry-out regular inspections and spot-checks.
- When required and relevant, possible secondment to emergency response activities and teams, providing good knowledge of local activities and support structures.
Field - Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work, live, and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- University degree in relevant subject or equivalent professional / technical qualification.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
- Post-qualification management experience in a relevant profession.
- Experience working in a cross-cultural setting, preferable in a support role.
- Able to oversee multiple tasks, prioritising and delegating as required.
- Able to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong organisational and time management skills. Good numerical and report writing skills.
- Good inter-personal and conflict resolution skills. Problem solving ability, excellent communicator.
Before you apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
- Medair organisational values.
- Profiles sought for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS).
- Medair Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC) (which forms part of the recruitment selection process for field positions).
- Benefits Package provided for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS).
To apply, go to the ”Current Vacancies” page then:
- apply for this vacancy (or another position that matches your profile), or
- apply for a Medair ROC (where we can try and match your competencies to our vacancy needs).
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.
About the Organization
Medair is a humanitarian organisation inspired by Christian faith to relieve human suffering in some of the world’s most remote and devastated places. We bring relief and recovery to people in crisis, regardless of race, creed or nationality. As signatories of the Red Cross Code of Conduct, we believe that aid should be given to everyone who is in need, regardless of political, social or religious viewpoint. We save lives in emergencies and then stay to help people recover from crisis with dignity—working side by side with communities to leave a lasting impact. We provide a range of emergency relief and recovery services: health care and nutrition; safe water, sanitation, and hygiene; shelter and infrastructure.