Project Support Specialist
VA #: 0156/MISFA
No. of Post: One
Date Announced: July 10, 2018
Closing Date: July 24, 2018
Under the direct supervision of the Director Program, the Project Support Specialist is responsible to provide day-to-day support on various projects in areas of contract administration, project performance and financial status updates, communication with partners and donors, and other project management functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the Project Support Specialist shall include but not limited to the following:
- Maintain a contract tracking tool to document deliverables including targets established by MISFA for partners and by donors for MISFA.
- Monitor MISFA and partners’ compliance with agreements (MISFA/donors and MISFA/partners) and brief the management on a regular basis.
- Review project deliverables (budgets, reports, TORs, products, guidelines, policies, procedures etc) to ensure quality and compliance with the agreed upon terms and update Director Program accordingly.
- Work with partners and MISFA staff to assist with timely completion of the project/contract deliverables. This may include but not limited to regular follow-up with the partners and MISFA program staff and offering relevant support and assistance as needed.
- Prepare monthly financial status update on donor funded projects in consultation with MISFA’s Finance Department.
- Prepare performance status updates on projects to donors and MISFA management as requested.
- Facilitate communication with partner institutions, receiving T.A. and other grants from MISFA.
- Work closely with MISFA’s Finance Department, and Monitoring and Supervision Department to provide project management support on an as needed basis or as suggested by supervisor.
- Provide facilitation and support to short-term consultants and advisors working on various projects within MISFA and/or at MISFA partner institutions.
- Perform other activities as requested by supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills
- Minimum Bachelor Degree, Master Degree will be a plus
- Minimum five years of International working experience in project management
- Experience and knowledge of microfinance and SME finance is required
- Knowledge of accounting and financial management is a plus.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- IT general skills including strong proficiency with MS office applications
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Fluent in writing and speaking English.
The application package, only acceptable in English language, should comprise up-to-date résumé and a cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position, salary and benefits expectations, and the earliest joining date, if selected.
Interested candidates should submit their application package only by e-mail with the subject “Vacancy – Project Support Specialist” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the expected large number of applications, only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
About the Organization
The Microfinance Investment Support Facility for Afghanistan (MISFA) was set up in 2003 at the invitation of the Afghan government — to get donor coordination right from the start and avoid the counter-productive efforts that have emerged from conflicting donor objectives in other post-conflict situations. It was established as a vehicle through which the Afghan Government and international donors could channel technical assistance and funding to build Afghanistan’s microfinance sector. MISFA was the first facility of its kind, pooling diverse donor funding mechanisms and converting them into streamlined, flexible support to microfinance institutions in Afghanistan, tailored to local priorities and accompanied by technical assistance and strong performance monitoring.
MISFA’s mission is to contribute to Afghanistan’s economic growth by developing a viable, inclusive financial sector for the poor, and the underserved small and medium enterprises.