Infectious Disease Detection and Surveillance (IDDS) is a five-year USAID-funded project with the following overall objectives: (1) Improve the detection of diseases of public health importance and identification of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in priority infectious diseases through an accessible, accurate, adaptable, timely, and integrated diagnostic network system; (2)Improve the quality of real-time surveillance systems for pathogens of greatest public health concern, including AMR and zoonotic diseases, and; (3) Generate evidence-based guidance and innovative solutions to strengthen in-country diagnostic networks and surveillance systems.
FHI 360 is seeking a Project Support Specialist (PSS) to provide technical assistance and support to IDDS activities at the HQ, regional, and country levels. The PSS will provide administrative and project support as well as collect, compile, and analyze information relating to FHI 360 activities under IDDS. The PSS will also support reporting of deliverables and activities and assist with compiling information packages to the IDDS prime in technical, financial, contractual, administrative and human resource areas. The PSS will assist with monitoring project progress and budget and scope expenditure and schedule requirements. The PSS will assist with developing country work plans, preparing presentations, and support other related project objectives and deliverables. This position reports to the FHI 360 IDDS Finance Specialist based in Durham, NC, USA under the oversight of the FHI 360 IDDS Senior Diagnostics Advisor.
Selection of final applicant is subject to USAID approval
- Provides administrative and operational support to FHI 360 IDDS staff in the USA and in country offices
- Develops, reviews, and arranges translation of if needed, project reports, briefing papers, presentations, and other project materials
- Provides support to FHI 360 IDDS teams, administratively and technically, such as troubleshooting, updates to work plans, travel coordination and program management activities
- Provides technical input to project, including monitoring and evaluation
- Provides support to the development of high quality country work plans with accompanying reporting systems for technical, administrative, and programmatic reports required by USAID and the prime
- Develops and implements systems to monitor project spend and deliverables against the budget and work plans
- Supports FHI 360 IDDS staff in adhering to FHI 360 and IDDS systems, policies, and regulations
- Prepares required documentation for the hiring of new FHI 360 IDDS staff
- Develops IDDS procurement plans and work closely with the IDDS Finance specialist to track IDDS equipment and supplies and ensure that they are appropriately marked as applicable
- Documents and shares project accomplishments, challenges, and lessons learned internally and with external IDDS partners
- Serves as the administrative point of contact for FHI 360 IDDS staff
- Provides support to ensure high quality of project deliverables
- Works with the FHI 360 IDDS Financial Specialist, Senior Diagnostic Advisor, and IR1 Lead to provide timely and high-quality work plans with programmatic, financial, and technical reports
- Facilitates communication between FHI 360 IDDS staff and those that support them
- Collates data and prepares reports pertaining to the execution of IDDS by FHI 360
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent in a health or business area
- At least eight years’ experience in program management
- Familiarity with USG management, programs, and operations
- Experience with infectious diseases
- Articulate and professional
- Strong English written, and oral skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Authorization to work in the USA
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel.
- Typically reports to a Manager/ Associate Director/ Director.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment. Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
About FHI 360: FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Senior Program Officer