This position supports the development and delivery of competitive proposals and supports cross-divisional proposal teams, including but not limited to the Education in Development, Communities in Transition, and Economic Growth Program Divisions and with Contracts & Pricing and Human Resources. The Proposal Coordinator will work within the parameters of Creative’s Business Development Policy and Procedures, including Creative’s Style Manual. S/he will ensure adherence to all proposal policies, procedures, and timelines to support a submission that is technically and financially sound, responsive, compliant, and of the highest quality.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Proposal Coordinator provides general coordination and administrative support to Proposal Manager and proposal team. S/he reports to and is supervised by the Director of Proposal Development or designee, such as a Proposal Manager or a Senior Associate, Proposal Management.
- Coordination and oversight of assigned proposal development projects, ensuring the integrity of implementation of Creative’s proposal development process;
- Dynamic representation of the Development Division and Proposal Development Department across other divisions within the Company;
- Proactive involvement within the international development industry and proposal management profession to stay abreast latest developments, innovations, and best practices.
- Conducts all administrative tasks related to the bid pursuit, including setting up and maintaining files and records;
- Supports preparation of the Kick-off Meeting and requisite documents, including calendar, outlines, compliance matrix and so forth;
- Support Proposal Manager in finalizing teaming arrangements;
- Supports Proposal Manager in ensuring proposals are compliant with client requirements;
- Prepares and sends out documentation for subcontractors; collects required documentation, verifies documents are accurate and complete, tracks missing information;
- Helps Proposal Manager arrange and set up meetings, takes notes, and prepares reports;
- Tracks progress on recruiting and securing staff, including: develop job descriptions, ensure ads are posted, develop and maintain staffing matrices, review CVs for non-key and local personnel, and help identify short-term technical experts;
- Drafts, reviews and /or formats proposal documents, as needed;
- Tracks progress made in compiling proposal volumes, including all annexes; reports progress regularly to Proposal Manager;
- Contributes to pre-bid research efforts, including preparation of desk studies and participation on reconnaissance trips;
- Convenes post-submission debriefing meetings to discuss processes and other issues and prepares written reports detailing lessons learned;
- Contributes to continuous business process improvement, including the revision of the Business Development Manual and creation of new templates and forms;
- Serves as Proposal Manager on selected proposals; and
- Manages Consultants for the Proposal Development division.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- BA in International Relations, Development, Political Science, or a related field;
- 2-3 years of work experience preferably in the international development field and including experience in USAID proposal development;
- Strong writing, editing, and organizational skills;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; and
- In-depth knowledge and use of database, spreadsheet (Excel), word-processing (Word), document production (Adobe), and presentation (PowerPoint) software.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Second language, such as French, Spanish, or Arabic; and
- Experience using Sharepoint.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.