Prepare opportunities for go/no-go process by conducting desk and in-country research, networking with consultants and firms, and developing preliminary value propositions. Once a “go” decision has been made, work with relevant Practice Lead to develop and execute plans to capture new business opportunities. Assist Practice Lead in developing an initial technical, staffing, and teaming strategy. Ensure smooth transition from capture to proposal development phase once RFP is released. Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor donor and government listings; helps maintain AECOM’s lead tracker
- Conduct research on early stage opportunities to understand competitive landscape, donor environment, and client priorities
- Prepare opportunities for go/no-go process by conducting desk and in-country research, networking with consultants and firms, and assisting Practice Lead in developing preliminary value propositions
- Once a “go” decision has been made, develop and execute plans to capture new business, working closely with the relevant Practice Lead
- Support Practice Lead in developing preliminary technical, staffing, and teaming strategies and in solidifying value propositions for the opportunity
- Oversee the work of consultants, from drafting scopes of work to approving deliverables.
- Develop relationships with local and international firms and collect their relevant qualifications and supporting documentation for use in the proposal
- Through desk research and networking across business lines and geographies, develop a sound understanding of AECOM’s relevant qualifications
- Review candidates identified by the recruiter and making staffing profile recommendations to the Practice Lead.
- Lead regular check-in meetings with capture team
- Once RFP is released, assist Practice Lead in validating original technical, teaming, and staffing assumptions.
- Once RFP is released, ensure a smooth transition from capture to proposal development phase, including participating in strategy sessions and technical reviews
- Support all coordination and administrative needs to meet RFP deadlines and ensure the production of a high quality proposal product
- High School diploma or equivalent is required. Two (2) years of similar experience is required.
- Sound understanding of the competitive landscape in the USAID contracting space
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks successfully
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Fluency in English
- Team player who can work independently and excels at consulting and coordinating with teams
- Willingness to travel with minimal notice on short-term assignments overseas
- Ability to effectively cope with ambiguity and change; to balance flexibility with consistency
- Associate’s degree
- Language ability in Spanish, French or Arabic
- Knowledge of USAID and its typical proposal requirements
About the Organization
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AECOM, employee's safety and security are our top Safeguarding core value. All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, and actively participate in AECOM's Safety For Life Program. SH&E is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.