Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
* Job Location: Washington D.C., Little Rock, AR or remote
The Proposal Design Coordinator is an integral team member in the proposal design hub. This position oversees all aspects of proposal planning and development, sometimes on multiple proposals simultaneously, while following an established proposal design process. This position will support the Proposal Design Hub Senior Manager in the development of high-quality concept notes and proposals for major institutions, Tier 1 Foundations, government agencies, and non-traditional funders including the private sector. This position will provide support to the coordination effort by assisting with teaming agreements, partner negotiations, and packaging of technical inputs when required. This position will make tools for coordination proposals available to regional BD teams for when they are managing projects that are within the regional thresholds for proposal development and submission.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS
Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills; exceptional attention to detail; ability to adapt to organization and market shifts; desire and ability to learn and utilize innovative and established practices and tools; ability to be proactive, manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines required; passion for winning; a high degree of honesty and integrity; ability to get people to meet deadlines through encouragement and influence.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES
A. Proposal development coordination support with detailed calendaring and logistics support under the direction of the Proposal Design Hub Senior Manager (50%)
· Complete documented coordination of concept notes and proposal submissions.
· Ensure documentation is in global systems as required.
· Work collaboratively with resource mobilization teams while integrating with appropriate HQ programs and targeted field teams, finance department, human resources, legal for pre-teaming and teaming agreements, risk management and assurance, and relevant technical staff.
· Zero instances of proposals and concept notes being developed outside of the approved internal process and within the timelines set.
· Provide tools and templates for calendaring and logistics work to the regional BD teams when not directly involved in the proposal development process.
B. Ensure concept notes and funding proposals align closely with organizational strategies and methodologies, regional strategic visions, and MEL frameworks. (20%)
· Zero instances of proposals and concept notes not being reviewed and approved by relevant parties to ensure organizational alignment
· Zero instances of proposals submitted not aligning with the organizational strategies, methodologies, visions, and MEL frameworks.
C. Ensure compliance of all concept notes and proposals with funder requirements. (20%)
· Zero instances of non-compliant proposals per the funder requirements.
D. Support various research studies such as competitor/collaborator analysis, analysis of donor and industry trends, to information capture and proposal development (5%)
· Relevant materials as requested by the Senior Manager proposal design Hub to support intelligence gathering, resource identification, and/or industry metrics, standards, or methodologies
· Products available to regional BD teams to use as needed in proposals within their thresholds
E. All other duties as appropriately assigned. (5%)
Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field, plus four (4) years’ experience working in business development. Excellent oral and written communication skills; and fluency in English, both spoken and written.
a) Language skills in Spanish or French
b) Demonstrated experience with proposal coordination and meeting facilitation for teams, winning large-scale (over $5 million) project proposals
c) Demonstrated knowledge of major funders such as major institutions, tier one foundations, government agencies, and non-traditional funders
d) Experience working overseas
e) Familiarity with project management
f) Change management experience
Most Critical Proficiencies
a) Project or proposal management experience
b) Knowledge of the non-profit sector with an awareness of the context in which non-profit organizations operate
c) Excellent analytical and writing skills
d) Familiarity with and experience in responding to Requests for Applications/Proposals (RFA/RFP), Call for Proposals, Indefinite Quantity Contracts and Task Orders
e) Computer proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, presentation tools, electronic mail, and Internet (Microsoft preferred).
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands
a) Ability to establish priorities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines
b) Committed to learning Heifer’s values-based holistic community development model, Theory of Change, Cornerstones, and other Heifer established systems
c) Ability to cooperate effectively and harmoniously with all stakeholders including different departments/leadership within Heifer, project partners and other organizations
d) Effectively employ face-to-face, telephone, Skype, Zoom, email, and other electronic communication with internal and external colleagues
e) Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively, tactfully, and diplomatically with a culturally diverse group of people
f) Willingness to work with a flexible schedule and outside of normal business hours
g) Ability and willingness to travel extensively, both domestically and internationally
h) Working with sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality always