Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, is accepting applications for a full-time Assistant Manager to join its Business Development Unit (BDU). In this entry-level role, you will be accountable for providing administrative support and developing specialized knowledge on best practices of proposal development, coordination and subcontractor management at all stages of the proposal cycle. You should be open to periodic international travel for new business development and should be able to take on assignments that may involve 2-3 weeks from home. Most importantly, you will be an ambitious, positive, and collaborative teammate.
The position will be based in Burlington, Vermont.
What You’ll Do:
* You will provide the highest levels of administrative and management support across the proposal lifecycle;
* Coordinate (US-based and foreign) subcontractor relationships, and lead subcontractor proposal inputs, including qualifications statements, past performance references and budgets;
* Undertake analytical and research tasks to support technical proposal development;
* Support efforts to recruit high-quality candidates and present them effectively in proposals;
* Conduct compliance checks and gap analysis of proposals against client requirements;
* Support pre-proposal capture work, including research domestically and overseas;
* Learn Tetra Tech’s proposal standard methodologies and actively support the maintenance and continual improvement of proposal processes and related tools; and,
* Provide ad-hoc support for BDU’s pipeline information management and market intelligence gathering efforts.
* Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an area related to one of the firm’s practice areas is required;
* Minimum of either two years of professional experience or a Master’s degree required;
* Excellent intercultural communication skills;
* International experience, including with Peace Corps or at an international development consulting firm or NGO preferred;
* Excellent information management skills, with very strong attention to detail and understanding of requirements;
* Ability to organize work and perform independently while closely and appropriately coordinating with team members;
* Polished writing abilities and capacity to synthesize large volumes of information into key messages;
* Ability to read, write and speak French and/or Spanish strongly preferred;
* Experience with budget development and analysis;
* High level of proficiency in MS Office applications and database management;
* High level of reliability and track record of follow through;
* Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced and sometimes intense work environment;
* Outstanding multitasking and organizational capabilities;
* Must be an energetic, enthusiastic, and positive collaborative team player; and
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is absolutely mandatory.
To be considered, please submit the following as part of this online application process:
- Letter of motivation explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity;
- A current CV in reverse chronological format;
- List of 3 professional references including name, contact information and professional relationship; and
- Writing sample of at least 5 pages, in which the applicant is the sole author.
Please upload all necessary documents, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
Tetra Tech offers a full range of benefits. Please follow this link to learn more: http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.