Tetra Tech IDS (https://tetratechintdev.com) is accepting expressions of interest for a Proposal Development Manager or Senior Proposal Development Manager to provide leadership and cross-cutting coordination and support for the development of proposals.
This position reports to the Business Development Director and is based in San Francisco, CA or Arlington, VA.
* Manage full-cycle proposal development process, including writing and editing;
* Prepare and maintain proposal documents and schedules and ensure proposals meet requirements;
* Ensure quality control for proposal deliverables;
* Draft sections of technical proposals, expressions of interest, and other business documents as assigned, including institutional capacity and experience and performance monitoring;
* Support recruitment team efforts for proposals as needed;
* Provide periodic support to the Program Development and Implementation Team;
* Develop budgets and budget narratives for project proposals consistent with the technical approach;
* Negotiate with proposed subcontractors on their cost proposal submissions;
* Assist in the development and writing of marketing materials as needed;
* Assist to identify and track business development opportunities;
* Research opportunities with and engage new consultants and clients.
Essential Qualifications and Competencies:
* Master’s/Advanced Degree in social sciences, law, business administration, international relations, or related fields desired;
* 1 to 3 years of experience in a related field desired or Bachelor’s Degree and 3 to 6 years of experience (PDM);
* 6+ years of experience in a related field desired or Bachelor’s Degree and 8+ years of experience (SPDM);
* Demonstrated experience in proposal management and business development;
* Experience in managing and writing proposals;
* Excellent oral and written intercultural communication and team building skills;
* Knowledge of US Government proposal processes and contracting mechanisms, familiarity with USAID a plus;
* High level of proficiency in MS Office applications, database management and Internet resources;
* Must possess high level interpersonal skills and be an energetic and be a collaborative team player with a “can do” attitude;
* Must possess high level analytical skills and an eye for detail that is necessary to evaluate candidates critically;
* Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner by gathering, analyzing, and synthesizing information;
* Must be very well organized with high level ability to independently plan, prioritize, multi-task, take initiative and manage multiple deadlines;
* Must have high degree of reliability and follow through;
* Must be able to adapt to changes in a fast paced, dynamic, and sometimes intense work environment;
* Speaking and reading proficiency in French, Spanish, or Arabic is helpful but not required;
* Availability for short-term international travel to developing, transitioning, and post-conflict countries on short notice;
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is an absolute requirement.
Apply on line at: https://bit.ly/2y3EC7g
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of this on-line application process:
* A letter of application explaining individual qualifications and competencies for this opportunity
* A current resume in reverse chronological format
* A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference.
Please indicate where you saw the Tetra Tech International Development Services ad posted.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability