Abt Associates is a specialist international health and social sector consulting company that provides services to public and private sector clients. Abt Associates is a wholly owned Australian subsidiary of Abt Associates, regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 international development innovators. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors, contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Abt Associates is an organisation that has a personal commitment to its staff and as such we value the long-term relationships that we build with the people who work for us.
The Proposal Manager will manage capture and proposal processes on assigned opportunities to ensure compelling, compliant and competitive tender submissions.
A Terms of Reference providing further details of this opportunity is available from our website at: www.abtassoc.com.au/careers
- Manage capture activities on assigned opportunities, including researching and compiling required capture information in accordance Capture Planner Template;
- Manage assigned tenders in accordance with Business Development Policies and Procedures to ensure on-time submission of compelling, compliant and competitive proposals. Activities may include:
- Developing the proposal template, compliance matrix and submission schedule;
- Scheduling and leading proposal meetings;
- Conducting and/or assigning research required to strengthen technical, operational or financial components of submission;
- Drafting and editing content as required, including reviews of content written by other team members and editing content to improve readability and create one voice;
- Assist with tracking business opportunities and support the maintaince of pipeline document;
- Undertake targeted market research to support business development strategies and opportunities;
- Contribute to the development and expansion of the centralised repository for proposal, project descriptions and boilerplate library.
The preferred applicant will have:
- A minimum of two years’ professional experience;
- Demonstrated business development and proposal management experience, with a preference for experience tendering for Australian government (federal or state) and international donor opportunities;
- Bachelor’s degree in social science or related field such as public health, evaluation, economics, political science, international affairs or international development;
- Demonstrated leadership and organisational skills with excellent writing and computer skills;
- Demonstrated stakeholder management and communication skills; and
- A passion for excellence and a commitment to quality;
- Previous programmatic work experience a plus.
Further Information & Application
Further information in regards to this opportunity can found in the Position Description available from the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website at: http://www.abtassoc.com.au/careers/job-search/.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website, and must include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above. We are an equal opportunity employer, and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: Monday, 1st January 2018
You must have full Australian working rights to be eligible for consideration for this role.
We welcome and thank all applicants, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About the Organization
Abt Associates – Who We Are
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
For more information about our company and what we do visit our website at www.abtassociates.com.au.