EnCompass is seeking a Proposal Manager to support the Business Development team in our Rockville office. The Proposal Manager will take a lead role in managing and preparing new business proposals in response to solicitations from USAID, other US and UN agencies and NGOs on a variety of training, leadership, evaluation and technical assistance projects in the field of international development. This position is focused on bid and capture strategy development, partner identification and development, proposal management and technical proposal writing. TheProposal Manager will organize internal and external technical and BD teams and manage individual and group engagement in preparing successful proposals. She/he may be expected to travel for brief periods for capture. She/he will support the Associate Director and the Senior Management Team in developing and maintaining effective proposal processes and systems, and may supervise staff.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions include:
- Work as member of the BD Team to formulate and implement capture and bid strategies and research technical or business information in support of proposal development efforts
- Identify, develop and maintain relationships with partners in prime and sub capacities
- Lead proposal efforts, to include responsibility for final proposal submission
- Manage proposal specific teams and provide guidance to internal and external team members
- Write proposal components, including executive summaries, technical sections, management plans, capability statements, and staffing plans
- Support proposal recruitment efforts as needed
- Support the development of proposal budgets and level of effort build-ups
- Participate in proposal reviews and recommend and execute changes as needed
- Ensure adherence to established proposal and knowledge management templates and quality standards
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events, and providing support to other team members as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of experience or Master’s degree and 5 years of experience
- Successful track record managing the capture and proposal process and authoring sections of proposals
- Proven ability to develop original text and also to re-purpose and edit written materials
- Experience working in international development programs
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation, technical assistance and training and capacity building methods and activities
- Experience in the following technical sectors: agriculture, energy, economic growth, health, education, democracy, rights and governance, and gender, among others
- Exceptional ability to understand and communicate complex information, and to conceptualize and produce strong, clean and compelling written materials
- Demonstrated managerial, administrative, analytical, and decision-making abilities
- Demonstrated ability to identify priority actions and generate and complete work plans within short time frames
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to work effectively in teams
- Must be innovative in problem solving and resourceful in finding information
- Ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Attention to detail, accuracy and strong time management skills
- Ability to rapidly create text, spreadsheets, and other types of documents to meet specific proposal requirements
- Experienced in formatting documents and using graphics effectively
- Strong proficiency with MS Office products, experience with graphics software a plus
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
About the Organization
EnCompass LLC is a women owned small business that offers innovative solutions for organizational excellence. We seek to enhance the impact and capacity of government and multilateral agencies, corporations, and nonprofits around the world through customized services in organizational and leadership development, training, technical assistance, and evaluation. EnCompass has a global and multicultural team of staff and consultants with deep expertise in a range of issues including health, HIV/AIDS, gender, democracy and governance, education, human rights, agriculture and food security.