Job DescriptionBrief Description:
The Proposal Manager is a key player in the organization’s new business acquisition efforts. S/he will be a critical member of the proposal team, working in partnership with practice area staff in the preparation of multi-million dollar large-scale bids from lead identification to submission.
This is a great opportunity for a seasoned proposal manager interested in Nathan’s core areas to contribute to strengthening the organization’s proposal preparation business processes.
This position will have overall responsibility for preparing the proposal management plan and managing the proposal process to produce competitive proposals in a timely manner. Tasks include: a) supporting the capture lead by managing and directing proposal preparation tasks and personnel; b) preparing the proposal management plan; c) analyzing the solicitation and using tools to support writers in preparing a compliant and responsive proposal; d) reviewing storyboards, graphics, and section drafts to ensure requirements are appropriately addressed; e) conducting regular proposal status meetings and maintaining a proposal schedule; f) coordinating pink and red team reviews, consolidating feedback, and working with Capture Lead to incorporate feedback when appropriate; g) ensuring coherence between cost and technical volumes and across different sections of the technical volume; h) managing relationships with subcontractors during proposal preparation, developing subcontractors’ proposal package and gathering subcontractors’ technical inputs. Participates in proposal sessions and actively contributes to the winning strategy including recruitment, pricing, and teaming decisions. Conducts desk research in support of win strategy.
Works with Director, Business Development to develop and implement bid preparation tools, boilerplate language, and capability statements. Represents Nathan Associates at external events as needed. Maintains relationships with partners (primes and subs).
- MA in business, international relations, public administration, economics, or another relevant field
- At least 4 years of experience managing USAID proposals. Knowledge of other clients is a plus. Experience with USDOS, MCC, World Bank, or other relevant clients is a plus.
- Prior experience in Nathan’s core areas of expertise is a plus. These include economic policy and governance, private sector development, trade and logistics, infrastructure planning and finance, and financial sector development.
- Knowledge of industry-recognized proposal management methodologies (i.e., Shipley) methodology is a plus.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively with variety of personnel and well under tight deadlines
- Fluency in French, Spanish or Arabic is a plus.
About the Organization
Nathan Associates has been expanding choices in developing countries for more than 60 years, sharing our knowledge of the possible and illuminating the path from the possible to the feasible to the actual. We deliver hands-on assistance in production improvement, chart strategies for firm and industry growth, hone competence in trade practices, and provide prudent counsel on government policy. Our experts help micro, small, and medium-sized businesses adapt to new trade flows; assist governments in devising effective policies—fiscal, trade, and labor; and map out the demanding process of regional economic integration.
In providing services in enterprise and industry development, economic policy and governance, and trade and investment and trade capacity building we aim to align best interests with sound choices.
For a close view of the company’s international and domestic projects please visit our related project listings and our international project websites http://www.nathaninc.com/services