Location: Washington, D.C.
Date Posted: May 30, 2018
Application Deadline: July 19, 2018
Job Type: Full-time
The Proposal Manager is responsible for securing new business in our regions. The Proposal Manager will play a lead role in producing high-quality proposals for US Government donors as well as foreign governments, private foundations, and corporations. This position may involve up to 25% travel in order to competitively position EF in our regions, identify new partners and donors, and prepare funding proposals.
- Lead and manage proposal development from solicitation analysis through technical and cost application development, submission, and award negotiation
- Participate in bid/no-bid decision-making process
- Contribute to the development and execution of capture strategies, including competitiveness analyses
- Identify and lead outreach to new partners and prospective donors
- Develop proposal checklists and calendars; assemble and manage bid teams, ensuring adherence to deadlines and responsiveness to solicitations
- Manage development of statements of interest and concept notes in response to RFA/RFPs
- Provide quality control of proposals; ensure their compliance with all solicitation requirements and timely submission
- Negotiate roles and funding levels with potential partner organizations, manage technical and cost inputs from partners, serve as a point of contact throughout partner negotiations
- Mentor and support the professional development of junior staff members
- Work with Accounting and Finance Department to develop cost proposals
- Manage grant award negotiations and SOWs on approved proposals
- Contribute to multi-year organizational strategies and annual business development plans
- Contribute to development and refinement of business development tools, protocols, and processes as needed
- Represent EF at donor and partner meetings, conferences and events, as needed
- Other relevant duties as required
Experience: Three to five years of progressive business development experience required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree is preferred.
Other: Demonstrated track record in preparing to win USG proposals. Previous civil society proposal development experience required. Strong strategic planning and organizational skills are required. Excellent written and verbal English communication skills. Knowledge of civic engagement and economic empowerment issues and trends, especially for the countries in transition, required. Knowledge of Russian or Arabic preferred.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “PM” in the subject line.
No calls, please.
About the Organization
EF was founded as a public-private partnership in 1992. Within a year we had established our first field office in Moscow, and soon were operating in every country in the former Soviet Union. Over the course of our history, EF has expanded its reach and scope of operations, upholding our core mission to empower citizens to take responsibility for their own civic and economic prosperity.
OUR MISSION - Eurasia Foundation equips citizens to build resilient communities.
OUR VISION - All citizens have the opportunity to realize their full potential and transform their societies.