Winrock is a recognized leader in U.S. and international development with a focus on social and environmental issues. As a mission driven, field-based organization, we believe that sustainable development is inclusive and that complex challenges require integrated solutions. Winrock embraces continuous quality improvement and a culture of impact, accountability and entrepreneurship.
The Proposal Manager will support proposal development work across the full life cycle of new business development for opportunities $1M+ from capture to proposal submission. S/he has primary responsibility for delivery of compliant and responsive proposal packages in support of the larger proposal team to a variety of donors in line with Winrock’s new business system and processes.
Other key responsibilities include timely and effective support to Program and Operations Groups to prepare and submit winning funding applications, fostering collaboration across organizational groups, and serving as a cross organization resource on how to best meet proposal requirements through synthesis and dissemination of lessons learned. S/he will maintain professional relationships with partner organization’s business development staff and facilitate engagement of Winrock with partners during proposal development. S/he will also lead a team of proposal service providers, internal and external staff, responsible for multiple aspects of proposal development and submission. Overall, s/he is responsible for assuring that Winrock’s new business cycle and processes are effective and efficient, lead to successful proposal outcomes, enhance Winrock’s reputation among donors and partners as well as expand sustainable funding opportunities.
- Contributes to Winrock’s proposal development process to meet organization’s strategic and annual new business goals. Develops and maintains Winrock proposal processes, systems, tools, and disseminates best practices.
- Ensures timeliness and compliance of proposals by managing proposal calendars, compliance checklists, trackers etc. Obtains sign off from all relevant stakeholders and finalizes packages for submission 24 hours before due date.
- Oversees collection and completion of all proposal components (technical, financial, management, annexes, cost share) working in collaboration with Programs, Operations and partners. Some information can be sensitive and confidential. Manages document version control, sequencing of reviews and the overall development, coordination and version control of all proposal documents.
- Maintains collaborative proposal workspace for all proposal documents.
- Support Program Groups to engage with partners and negotiate roles/scopes of work in teaming agreements, technical inputs, deliverables, and budget targets. Ensures timely submissions from partners for proposals.
- Contributes to the creation and maintenance of high quality institutional proposal material, including organizational qualifications and past performance information
- Support HR and Programs with recruitment activities preparing necessary paperwork, developing technical skills matrices and customizing CVs.
- Support Finance team to ensure cost proposal meets all solicitation requirements and that partner budgets are delivered on time and at agreed upon ceiling.
- Responsible for ensuring communication among all parties throughout the proposal process. Lead meetings and conference calls with expanded proposal teams, including Programs, Operations, consultants and partners ensuring adherence to proposal calendar deliverables.
- Identify bottlenecks in the process escalating accordingly to higher level, as necessary, to ensure timetable and deliverables remain on track.
- Prepare and lead post-submission evaluation sessions to glean lessons learned including obtaining feedback from donors.
- Collaborates effectively with the broader New Business Team. Other Responsibilities:
- Domestic & international travel as required by the position, and other duties as assignedQualifications and Background:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Specialized training or certification in Proposal Management or equivalent experience is desired.
Experience: Three years of related experience preferred to perform the Major Responsibilities of the position. Substantive knowledge of USAID and public procurement environment as well as substantial knowledge of foreign assistance and other grant funding requirements is desired.
Skills: Good time management and organizational skills; excellent English language writing and communication skills; Proficiency with Microsoft power point, word processing and spreadsheet software are required and editing/formatting/graphics, desktop research skills are desired.
Other: Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to handle multiple tasks. A team player.
About the Organization
Winrock International is a 501(c)(3) NGO that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. The Ecosystem Services group within Winrock provides global leadership on translating the science of climate mitigation, water conservation, and landscape management, into practical approaches for governments and the private sector. Winrock International is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. EOE/AA