Proposal Officer works with the New Program Development Department together with technical and program staff to ensure successful completion and responsiveness of Jhpiego’s proposals. The Officer will support Proposal Managers on complex prime proposals and directly manage sub or less complex prime opportunities from United States and other governments, multilateral organizations and other sources to support Jhpiego’s strategic interests. The Officer will participate in leads development, identification and dissemination of opportunities. This includes scanning for potential new business opportunities, analysis of documents, having regular communications with field staff, tracking the status of results of ongoing projects and monitoring activities of competitors, partners and donors. Jhpiego’s work focuses on maternal and child health, family planning, reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, malaria and cervical cancer.
- Identify and track potential procurements that are consistent with Jhpiego’s core competencies and strategic priorities
- Gather, synthesize and support analysis of information about donors, partners and competitors
- Analyze and manage opportunity feedback from stakeholders
- Compile and synthesize input to support bid and no-bid decisions
- Provide regular reporting on proposal status and results
- Manage sub proposals and less complex proposals that Jhpiego is the prime
- In collaboration with program and technical staff, draft, edit and synthesize proposal content, including corporate capability statements and past performance references
- Liaise with prime contractors and organizations related to specific proposal opportunities
- Support proposal managers and teams
- Work closely with the human resources office to identify and propose staff
- Develop proposal writing outlines
- Ensure non-technical proposal content complies with client needs
- Manage production of proposal submissions, assuring on-time delivery of all documents
- Support transition of awarded projects to implementation team
- Nurture and maintain relationships with competitors, partners and donors, as appropriate
- Maintain updated information on electronic libraries
- Support development and implementation of office processes
- Draft, route and track contractual documents
- Fluency in written and spoken French required
- BA with 3+ years of US Government, other governments, foundation and/or corporate proposal development and/or project management experience
- Working knowledge of international and US donor agencies
- Ability to multi‐task and prioritize in faced-paced work environment.
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Highly proficient in MS Office and online resources
- Willingness to work overtime during proposal preparation and production
- Aware of and sensitive to working with diverse groups in a developing country environment
- Ability to travel internationally
- Fluent in writing and speaking English
About the Organization
Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years and in over 155 countries, Jhpiego has worked to prevent the needless deaths of women and their families.
Jhpiego works with health experts, governments and community leaders to provide high-quality health care for their people. Jhpiego develops strategies to help countries care for themselves by training competent health care workers, strengthening health systems and improving delivery of care.
Jhpiego designs innovative, effective and low-cost health care solutions to ensure a level of care for women and their families. These practical, evidence-based interventions are breaking down barriers to high-quality health care for the world’s most vulnerable populations.