The Pan American Development Foundation (PADF) seeks to create a just, peaceful, and prosperous hemisphere where every person has the opportunity to thrive. We work with vulnerable people across the hemisphere to tackle some of our region’s greatest development challenges. We partner with, empower, and enable civil society, governments, and the private sector for the greater good of the people of Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC).
Proposal Recruitment Consultant
PADF is looking for a Proposal Recruitment Consultant to join the Talent Management team to support the full life cycle recruitment process. The ideal candidate will be able to recruit individuals for positions identified on proposals and current PADF projects, covering a wide variety of subject matter areas and geographic locations in the US, Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC).
The Recruitment Consultant will report to the Chief People Officer and work closely with PADF staff in Washington D.C. and in LAC. Main duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Lead complex recruitment assignments that require creative applications of knowledge to specific recruitment challenges
- Work with proposal and hiring managers to develop job descriptions and postings that accurately capture the skills, knowledge and attitudes required for success in the role
- Source appropriate candidates through internal and external networks, PADF’s internal recruitment database, social media, and other online electronic resources
- Follow standardized processes to screen and select the best candidates, ensuring compliance with all governmental and client employment specifications
- Facilitate decision-making by hiring managers in order to meet hiring deadlines
- Help proposal teams develop appropriate staffing plans according to proposal requirements
- Ensure that all staffing documentation submitted with proposals complies with donor specifications (including letters of commitment, references, due diligence, and other proposal documents)
- Re-write candidates’ CVs to address qualifications required for roles specified in proposals; provide other writing inputs to proposals, as needed
- This position is based in PADF’s Washington, D.C. headquarters or in any of the Latin America & Caribbean countries where PADF has offices. Fluency in English and Spanish is required.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience and a Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience and a Master’s degree. Equivalent combinations of experience and training will be considered.
- Experience working in international development, preferably in recruitment, project management, or business development.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with only general direction.
- Ability to take responsibility for assignments and report on progress with minimal oversight.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with internal clients and external candidates, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish required. French or Portuguese a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills, and ability to work effectively with diverse teams and handle many tasks simultaneously, often with inflexible deadlines.
- USAID proposal recruitment experience
More About PADF
PADF is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization established by the Organization of American States (OAS) in 1962. www.padf.org
PADF’s core values. “H-E-A-R-T” = Honesty, Excellence, Accountability, Respect, and Teamwork.
Diversity. PADF is strong because we are diverse. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. PADF does not discriminate on the basis of ability, age, gender identity and expression, national origin, race and ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or criminal record. We welcome all kinds of diversity. Our employees include people who are parents and nonparents, the self-taught and university educated, and from a wide span of cultures, languages, socio-economic backgrounds, and perspectives on the world.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled
About the OrganizationAbout PADF
The Pan American Development Foundation (PADF) believes in creating a hemisphere of opportunity, for all. We work across Latin America and the Caribbean to make our region stronger—more healthy, peaceful, just, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable for current and future generations. For nearly 60 years, we have served the most vulnerable communities, investing resources throughout the hemisphere. We partner with and enable civil society, governments, and the private sector for the greater good of the region.