Summary of Position
In support of the New Business Development Unit, IREX seeks a seasoned Proposal Writer Consultant to assist in the periodic preparation of winning proposals in French. Proposals will primarily be developed to implement programs in the education sector funded mostly by US government donors. IREX is seeking a Consultant for a number of anticipated opportunities in French speaking countries in Africa; individual consulting assignments will be provided on an as needed basis.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review solicitations, program and policy documents, and other preparatory materials in French to summarize in English for IREX decision-makers;
- In close coordination with the IREX team, draft proposals in French that are responsive to solicitation requirements and accurately capture IREX’s approach;
- Assist with editing and proofreading of proposals in French;
- Occasionally assist with scoping trips in French-speaking countries, drafting documents in French and supporting consultations in the field as needed; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
The Consultant must be well organized and able to adhere to deadlines. In addition, the Consultant must possess the following additional qualifications:
- Native French speaker with excellent writing and editing skills;
- Strong track record of writing winning proposals in French for US government donors including the Millennium Challenge Corporation/Accounts, USAID, etc.;
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills; and
- Master’s degree preferred.
Go to https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oNt67fwd&s=Devex to submit your CV for consideration.
About the Organization
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $80 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.