Tetra Tech DPK (Tt DPK) seeks candidates to serve as Advisors in the areas of Prosecution, Protection, and Prevention for an anticipated U.S. State Department-funded Combatting Trafficking in Persons project in Jamaica. This project will focus on combatting child trafficking. The activity will work to achieve the development and implementation of new policies, procedures, and programs to build more effective and sustainable systems to hold perpetrators of child trafficking criminally accountable, identify child victims and coordinate the provision of comprehensive protection services, and prevent trafficking in children from occurring.
The Prosecution, Protection, and Prevention Advisors will provide technical input and guidance to the Project, supporting institutional strengthening and reform efforts within Jamaica’s judicial and governmental institutions. Counterpart institutions will include the National Taskforce Against Trafficking in Persons, the Office of the National Rapporteur on Trafficking in Persons, the Ministry of Justice, and the Ministry of Local Government and Community Development. The Project will also work with civil society organizations. Areas of focus will include training judicial actors to conduct victim-centered investigations and obtain convictions in child trafficking cases, strengthening government and civil society capacity to identify and provide comprehensive services to child trafficking victims, and increasing efforts to prevent child trafficking. .
- A university degree (bachelors or higher) in any of the following fields: law, public administration, management, or related fields.
- At least 5 years professional experience in judicial reform or trafficking in person programs.
- A minimum of 4 years substantive experience in prosecution, protection, and/or prevention as it pertains to combatting trafficking in persons.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working for the U.S State Department and other donor-funded development programs preferred.
- Demonstrated legal expertise and experience with organizational development and capacity building of judicial institutions and actors.
- The candidate should demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of Jamaican governmental structure and processes.
- Excellent communication skills, including interpersonal and in written and oral communication.
- Proficiency in English.
Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the position description in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
About the Organization
Tt DPK is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations - in the U.S and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tt DPK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.