Tetra Tech DPK (Tt DPK) seeks candidates to serve as Advisors in the areas of Prosecution, Protection, and Prevention for an anticipated U.S. State Department-funded Combatting Trafficking in Persons project in Jamaica. This project will focus on combatting child trafficking and the critical connection between Trafficking in Persons (TIP) and Civil Society Organizations. The activity will work to achieve the development and implementation of new policies, procedures, and programs to build more effective and sustainable systems to hold perpetrators of child trafficking criminally accountable, identify child victims and coordinate the provision of comprehensive protection services, and prevent trafficking in children from occurring.
The Prosecution, Protection, and Prevention Advisors will provide technical input and guidance to the Project, supporting institutional strengthening and reform efforts within Jamaica’s judicial and governmental institutions. Counterpart institutions will include the National Taskforce Against Trafficking in Persons, the Office of the National Rapporteur on Trafficking in Persons, the Ministry of Justice, and the Ministry of Local Government and Community Development. The Project will also work with civil society organizations. This is a long-term position for a length of 39 to 44 months, based in Kingston.
Responsibilities: Areas of focus of the program will include
- Work with Civil Society Organizations on trafficking in persons issues;
- Help the Government of Jamaica and civil society organizations to identify and improved needed services to child trafficking victims;
- Support increasing efforts to prevent child trafficking;
- Conduct work with education, community partnerships, CSOs working with police to help children, shelters and the like.
- In prosecution, training justice officials on victim-centered investigations and presenting cases in child trafficking cases leading to convictions;
- In protection and prevention Help develop, activities will include developing strategies, and guidelines for assisting children in areas such as shelter, giving evidence, education/retraining,
- In prevention, help design and implement strategies and education programs, working with schools, communities, health centers, etc.
- A university degree (bachelors or higher) in any of the following fields: law, public administration, management, or related fields.
- Experience working in prosecution, protection, and/or prevention as it pertains to combatting trafficking in persons desired.
- Experience on donor funded projects preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, including interpersonal and in written and oral communication.
- Proficiency in English.
Please submit a resume to email@example.com referencing the position description in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
About the Organization
Tt DPK is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations - in the U.S and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tt DPK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.