Palladium has an exciting opportunity for an experienced development expert with an interest in client management and business development to take a leading role in growing our portfolio of work with a focus on the UK Prosperity Fund.
The cross-UK Government Prosperity Fund (PF) was created in 2015 to promote economic growth in middle income countries and create opportunities for international business, including for UK companies. The fund has a budget of £1.2 billion over 6 years to provide support to partner countries in key reform areas such as the business environment, energy financial services, infrastructure and future cities, amongst others.
The primary purpose of the Prosperity Fund Lead is to lead the growth of this area of the business by successfully securing and delivering a portfolio of contracts. Success in the role will be measured primarily by growth in the commercial contribution of the portfolio to the business, to be achieved through the volume of contracts effectively managed and the delivery of Positive Impact to our clients and beneficiaries.
The responsibilities of the Prosperity Fund Lead revolve around Business Development and Project Management and include:
* Tracking Prosperity Fund opportunities through public sources and client relations.
* Qualifying opportunities within the scope of the portfolio and where Palladium can develop a competitive proposal.
* Leading on the creation of attractive, impactful and effective tenders
* Forming capture teams to drive successful contract acquisition
* Establishing relations with partners and prospective personnel to complement in-house expertise and resources available to Palladium.
* Seeking opportunities to form trusted relations with clients through networking, speaking at events, conducting smaller, strategic assignments or providing occasional pro-bono support
* Leading on the design and delivery of projects within the portfolio, and where needed provide technical inputs
* Maintaining client contact to ensure that client expectations are fulfilled.
* Ensuring that all contractual requirements are fulfilled.
* Delivering the commercial outcomes of the contract in accordance with the contract budget.
* Ensuring that the required extent and level of technical expertise is available to the project.
* Maintaining compliance with Palladium policies and processes which apply to the project.
* Preparation of of contracts and management of all contractual relations of all projects assigned, from conception to delivery and for ensuring delivery in accordance with head contract obligations.
* Taking responsibility for providing high quality financial and project management support ensuring Value for Money (VFM) is attained and that the project is delivered
* An academic background in areas relevant to the Prosperity Fund would be advantageous, but relevant experience can compensate this
* Significant experience leading on business development and project management in a professional services firm
* An in-depth understanding of the international development landscape and an aptitude towards navigating this effectively
* Exceptional client management skills, with a track record of creating strong and trusted relationships in the delivery of complex projects
* Strong business development experience with public sector clients including managing and coordination of tenders for complex donor or government funded projects and managing long and short term consultants, project start up and closeout, achieving milestones and interpreting project plans
* Formal Project Management training and expertise would be a bonus
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong technical writing skills
* Ability to conceptualize and write a bid proposal or project report
* Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyse financial reports
* Willingness to travel and work abroad a minimum of eight weeks per year in developing countries and elsewhere
Location(s): England - London - London
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.