Chemonics seeks a protection manager for a DFID-funded education program under ISD. Turkish nationals are encouraged to apply.
The protection manager will be part of the ISD team to develop, design, and plan integrated interventions to enhance the access and quality of education for children; identify, develop, and monitor implementation of psychosocial and inclusive education training modules to strengthen psychosocial support and improve the learning environment; improve the protection and psychosocial well-being of learners, teachers, and other education personnel; and work closely with the team to ensure the integration and streamlining of child protection principles for improved quality of education. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
• Contribute to the development of the program’s psychosocial and inclusive education training modules to strengthen psychosocial support and inclusion in the learning environment, as well as the protection and psychosocial well-being of learners, teachers, and other education personnel
• Work closely with the program team to develop and plan an integrated approach to deliver Chemonics protection interventions in all provinces targeted by Chemonics
• Liaise with education actors to facilitate the integration of child protection practices and protocols at both school and directorate levels
• Support the scaleup of complaints mechanisms and a child protection allegation reporting system
• Assist with arrangements for psychosocial/inclusion conferences for stakeholders and beneficiaries
• Ensure the technical quality of design and delivery of psychosocial training modules, continually incorporating feedback from the field and monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) activities
• Oversee the technical implementation of the training modules by local partner(s) or staff
• Work closely with the MEL director to develop monitoring and evaluation tools and plans related to child protection interventions
• Actively contribute to the program’s strategic analysis to ensure alignment of program objectives with the evolving conflict, political, and security situation in Syria
• Contribute to a wide range of project communication products, leveraging the full spectrum of available programmatic and researched-based data to create, in coordination with the program team and DFID products that demonstrate the program’s strategy, impact, presence, and preparedness for rapid risk mitigation
• Adhere to Chemonics’ professional code of ethics
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required
• Minimum five years of progressively responsible experience working in child protection, including developing and implementing psychosocial training and plans
• Strong understanding of best practices of inclusive education for vulnerable children and children with disabilities
• Experience mentoring and providing technical oversight to staff preferred
• Strong understanding about the context, conflict, and security situation in Syria; previous experience in Syria strongly preferred
• Experience working with different levels of stakeholders, local actors, and local and international NGOs
• Knowledge of the political humanitarian and education sector dynamics within the Syrian context
• Team player with strong communication and writing skills
• Professional proficiency speaking, reading, and writing English and Arabic required
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid Turkish ID will be considered.
Application Instructions: Interested candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter to email@example.com, with the position in the subject line, by January 24, 2020.